University Commons

ILoveCallingNCHome

So I went to the new Target today out my way off University Drive.

Wondering if anyone else has made the journey there...and what you thought about the parking lot/exiting . I hope there is more than one way out of that parking lot, otherwise they are asking for trouble come Christmas when more stores are open. Otherwise, I look forward to what is to come there...with many new places we used to have to drive into Greensboro or chapel-hill/durham for.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The parking lot at University Commons is CRAZY!!! I think it might get better once the other stores open though. I think part of the problem is that people dont know where to go b/c there is no flow yet. Everone is just cutting across the Target lot.

Site Plan

ok give me directions on how to get to it from 40 and I'll try to get out there whenever I get the chance....it's about time Burlington got a Target :)

If it involves the new loop or highway that they were constructing last time I was out that way please bear with me, I tend to head mostly east of Raleigh in the summer months, it's been 2 long since I've been to Burlington....

ok give me directions on how to get to it from 40 and I'll try to get out there whenever I get the chance....it's about time Burlington got a Target :)

If it involves the new loop or highway that they were constructing last time I was out that way please bear with me, I tend to head mostly east of Raleigh in the summer months, it's been 2 long since I've been to Burlington....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Burlington Target

It's on University Drive and is a new exit/loop off 40/85. You cannot miss it as you can see the target right off the hwy.

The parking lot at University Commons is CRAZY!!!  I think it might get better once the other stores open though.  I think part of the problem is that people dont know where to go b/c there is no flow yet.  Everone is just cutting across the Target lot.

Site Plan

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the site plan, looks like there is more than one way out thankfully.

Speaking of Triad Target stores, a new one will be coming to Bryan Boulevard and New Garden Road (across the street from Lowes Foods) in 2006 in Greensboro

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

man! i've been wondering what was going to happen with that land! that would have been super close to where i lived. it's still only a few miles from the target on lawndale.

Multilane, stoplights and stuff.  It heads towards 70 if you go one direction ..on through to Westbrook and then becomes what is/was Cook Rd headed towards 100 in Gibsonville/Elon.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

have they opened the stretch of new road on the other side of 70 to westbrook yet?

Yeah they're sorta close to eachother... but not as close as Target Stonecrest and the planned Blakeny Target in south Charlotte, lol

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

heh, i don't know what it is about charlotte, but HT and now target are just going crazy building stores very close to each other there!

heh, i don't know what it is about charlotte, but HT and now target are just going crazy building stores very close to each other there!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol, in fact there is going to be a HT in that (Blakeny) shopping center too.. and crazy enough it's in Stonecrest also

At least Target doesn't seem as agressive about building supercenters in NC....yet. I know they are opening but at least they aren't like Wal-Mart which seems to open ONLY Supercenters, except in small town new england where Wal-Mart hasn't quite saturated the market yet...

At least Target doesn't seem as agressive about building supercenters in NC....yet. I know they are opening but at least they aren't like Wal-Mart which seems to open ONLY Supercenters, except in small town new england where Wal-Mart hasn't quite saturated the market yet...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was actually quite surprised that the Target that they built over here on University drive WASNT a supercenter. It was rumored it would be...

I have been in the Target Supercenter in Apex. I liked the different selection they offered in their grocery section. I also liked that it wasnt so overwhelmingly big.

They are building another Target near the South Point Mall. It is slated to open in October of this year.

Yeah there seems to be a big push for SuperTarget in the Triangle

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It make sense to group them together so that distribution costs are lower. Plus, the Triangle isn't as swamped as the Triad with Wal-Mart Supercenters...yet.

Kmart attempted to do the same with their Super Kmart Centers a decade ago.

Archived