Providence-"Off the beaten path"

virgo20

I'm a much bigger fan of Nick's for breakfast, although its quite cramped with a long wait- I can't wait til they move to their bigger location this winter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Where are they moving? I went there once and it was great. But when it's time for me to have breakfast (esp. coffee) I can't stand to walk that far then wait 20 minutes.

Me + 20 minute wait for coffee = :angry:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm a much bigger fan of Nick's for breakfast, although its quite cramped with a long wait- I can't wait til they move to their bigger location this winter.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I dont like Julians much due to the lousy service, but I have been meaning to give it another shot, as it's been a while.

For basic breakfast on the west side I am ALL about the Classic Cafe lately. Cheap, tasty, never a wait, and fantastic service. Its just one notch shy of the Modern Diner for near perfect greasy spoon food. The only draw back is that they do hashbrowns instead of homefries. I really like it.

Liam

Does anyone have any suggestions for Chowder and Clamcakes in providence? My wife hates seafood, and after my dad died a couple years ago I dont have anyone to hit the clamshacks with. I cant think of much for traditional rhode island clamshack fare in the city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If you are willing to venture just accross the river Horton's in East Providence is outstanding. The clam cakes are almost as good as the one's I grew up with at Flos.

Really? Where are they moving? I went there once and it was great. But when it's time for me to have breakfast (esp. coffee) I can't stand to walk that far then wait 20 minutes.

Me + 20 minute wait for coffee =  :angry:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I love Nick's for breakfast, and would be interested to know where they're moving to as well. My only problem with Nick's is the usual 30 minute wait.

- Garris

Does anyone have any suggestions for Chowder and Clamcakes in providence? My wife hates seafood, and after my dad died a couple years ago I dont have anyone to hit the clamshacks with. I cant think of much for traditional rhode island clamshack fare in the city.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Carrie's Seafood, Douglas Ave

Here's an interesting web site

http://www.quahog.org/

Where is Nick's?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Nick's is on Broadway, across from the Columbus Theater. They are renovating a space further out Broadway- it's a brick one-story storefront on the opposite side of the street from their current location, almost to the highway, just before the corner convenience store. It is currently covered in plywood due to the renovations, but will be twice as big as their current location when they open in the winter.

Garris,

I went to Lemi's yesterday and split a whole roast duck with someone. It was served nicely, it was high quality food, etc... but it was the first time I had duck like that and I didn't really like the taste. What do you reccommend there?

I also got a coconut bubble tea there which was great and some egg rolls which were above average.

I'll definitely go there again as I was impressed with just about everythin.. except the duck taste, which isnt really their fault.

Their roast suckling pig on sundays looks good... I might have to go back for that.

What do you recommend?

Archived