Denver: Downtown Infill Projects

DenverInfill

• 3 weeks later...

• 3 months later...

hey frontrangeguy, anyone. Do we have any updates, or maybe a current list of construction projects in Denver?

Well, I think cranes went up at the 1 Lincoln Park site about a week and a half ago. That's about it, I don't really follow Denver development too closely because I don't have a really good feel for the layout of downtown. Until I move there and have lived there for a while, Denver development will continue to have that abstract feel of happening too far away to really care. I hope that made sense.

Here's a rendering of 1 lincoln park, which I'm sure is on DenverInfills website.

http://www.denverinfill.com/images/redev/n...ncoln_park1.jpg

Also, as an aside, while I was searching for 1LP renderings I found info on the old proposed Trango Tower. I'm kind of glad this thing didn't get built, I think it looks silly. But it sure was BIG!

http://www.denverskyscrapers.com/images/tr...goaerial_01.jpg

Edited by Front_Range_Guy

• 4 months later...

This is something.

About 24 hours before I found out Cooper Tower is at risk of not being built, Denver found out it's proposed Four Seasons has been chopped down from 50 to 44 floors and the new design *seems less inspiring based on renderings. We'll see. 44-Stories still isn't anything to poo poo... and 1LP is slowly but surely rising.

Here's one of the original renderings.

and that's my pathetic attempt at a denver update. carry on. carry on.

Edited by Front_Range_Guy

• 2 weeks later...

A Denverite! Great!

LOL... There's so much going on in Denver I don't even try to keep track...

Do you have a rendering of 1515 Wynkoop? How about this. I'll keep track of what's happening in Colorado Springs, Pueblo, and Grand Junction, and you keep an eye on Denver? LOL... sounds fair...

Welcome. Post often. it's lonely here.

That sounds like a plan to me!

I've wrangled up a rendering or two here of 1515 Wynkoop....

http://www.denverinfill.com/images/blog/20...5-Wynkoop_1.jpg

http://www.denverinfill.com/images/blog/20...5-Wynkoop_2.jpg

I'll think about how I want to do a Denver "update." It may just be a series of posts or maybe one big one...I don't know. :yahoo:

Thanks the welcome too!

Excellent. That's residential I'm assuming?

The great thing about Denver is something is alway's happening... you can probably update several times per week. The Mile High City is HAWT right now!

Not to steal you're thunder, but on other forums there's been a lot of discussion about this office tower proposed at 1800 Larimer?

I think it should be called Tetris or Scabs, but really it would be nice infill for that part of downtown.

Thoughts anyone?

1515 Wynkoop is actually office space. I don't think there is any residential involved, if I'm not mistaken.

I personally really like the design for 1800 Larimer. I think its funky and adds a bit of color to the skyline. Sure, its a box, but at least it tries to be different. I know a lot of people are really torn on it. They either love it or hate it. And with its LEED certification, I think it only makes it better.

Now for a couple updates:

Name: 1800 Larimer

Where: 18th St. & Larimer St. (site of a current medical office building)

When: Construction starts later this year

What: $150,000,000 project with 500,000 square feet of office space and limited retail

Name: 1400 Wewatta

Where: Wewatta betrween 14th and 15th (south side of the street on now-non-existant parking lot)

When: Under Construction

What: 3 seperate buildings built by Opus NW (same company as new EPA Headquarters) - 345,000 total square feet - buildings up to 9 stories tall

Website: http://www.opuscorp.com/-setRegion/index.h...a:USA:NorthWest

Name: Teatro Tower

Where: 14th St. and Lawrence St.

When: Construction begins sometime this year (HOPEfULLY!!)

What: 44-story hotel and residential condominium tower (rumored to be Four Seasons or St. Regis) - 102 condos and 235 hotel rooms

Name: 1515 Wynkoop

Where: 15th St. and Wynkoop St.

When: Construction will begin in the next few days (ceremonial groudbreaking was last week)

What: 260,000 square feet of office with 26,150 square feet of retail space - going for LEED certification

Name: Spire

Where: 14th St. and Champa St.

When: Construction should begin in April (HOPEFULLY!!)

What: 41-story building with 505 residential condominiums

That's all for today...I will post more real soon. Tried to jump all around downtown with these projects. I'll be on SPRING BREAK next week, but will try posting more before I take off. :yahoo:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What a great day in Seattle.....I mean Denver!

The Spire is officially underway - I hear permits are all in order.

There will also be a press conference later this afternoon to talk about the new Four Seasons hotel...I'm going to sneak on down there and find out what I can this afternoon and I'll put up what I find out.