Im Visting St. Louis

The Waldonian

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You gotta do the Anheuser Busch Brewery tour. Free samples at the end. Go see a Cardinals game since that is the last year they will play in the old Bush Stadium. I'm not from STL, but I enjoyed doing those things. Of course, you should probably do the tourist trap Arch and go to the top.

A lot of people don't know about this, but I there's an offbeat type wax museum in Laclede's Landing, near the arch. It's a little corky at times, but if you like offbeat, it's a place for you. I think it's fairly cheap too, like 3-5$. For shopping, Union Station is where you want to go. Washington Avenue and the Hill are great places for unique dining. The Hill is the Italian neighborhood. The Central West End and the U-City loop are the cosmopolitan areas of town. You can access all these places by metrolink.

Neighborhoods not to miss:

Soulard/Benton Park

South Grand/Tower Grove

Lafayette Square

Central West End

The Hill

Skinker-DeBaliviere

Delmar Loop

Washington Avenue Loft/Garment District (Thur, Fri & Sat nights)

Attractions not to miss:

Soulard Market (Sat. morning)

the Arch

City Museum (open til 1:00am on the weekends)

a Cards game

Forest Park -- Zoo, Science Ctr, History Museum, Art Museum, etc.

Archived