Easrshot on Coffee St.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A bouddy of mine told me this a few weeks ago, and I proptly forgot all about it. I think it is a Great idea for them. They will get alot more traffic I think. My opininon is that now they are a destination but a downtown location will bring in people walking by who may end up buying things.

BTW, does anyone know if this is a relocation or an additional store?

A bouddy of mine told me this a few weeks ago, and I proptly forgot all about it.  I think it is a Great idea for them.  They will get alot more traffic I think.  My opininon is that now they are a destination but a downtown location will bring in people walking by who may end up buying things.

BTW, does anyone know if this is a relocation or an additional store?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I believe the story said it was a second location.

I am really glad to hear about Earshot opening a downtown location. We don't currently have anything like that in the CBD, and I am confident they will do well. Earshot is definitely a great place to go for hard-to-find CD's in the non-mainstream genres.

Plus, you can't beat their $5-$8 used CD section. :)

LOL, that should have read 30+ STORY skyscraper.  Ha ha.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I doubt a 30-story tower will stand out that much with the Landmark Building and the Tower @ Falls & Broad. We really need to go higher, possibly 50+ stories. (I'm already thinking of Charlotte-tall towers.)

Okay Spartan, now it's your turn to:

-Get us a 30+ foot skyscraper in the CBD

-Implement mass transit in the form of high-speed rail

-Begin having international flights from GSP

;)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'll work on it. Those are larger tasks though, so you may want to give me a few... years :thumbsup::)

I think the 30+ story skyscraper is realistic within the next year (definitely the next two). The announcing of it, anyway.

International flights from GSP is more like 5-10 years down the road, I would think.

Mass transit in the form of high-speed rail is more like 15-20 years down the road.

Don't worry Spartan, I can be somewhat patient with you on these three things. :) Bonus points if you get them done sooner than this. ;)

The new Earshot may be included in the new development about to open in the old Groce building. I heretofore thought it will be some kind of new restaurant (I know it will sell beer and wine), but it has two rooms and beautiful harwood flooring. I still don't think it will be part of this one though. For now, I can't think of where else it might go. Either way, that's absolutely wonderful "news!" B)

It is a very attractive building at the corner of Coffee and Brown Streets. It has gaslights on the outer facade. The Brown Street side is red brick, while the Coffee Street side (front) is painted gray or tan (I think it's something like that). There are large graphic banners over the windows right now. The pictures are of young people dancing. Really COOL! B)

I was wondering what was going in that space. I'm not sure the dancing people are earshot's flavor of advertising, so maybe that's not the spot. Earshot is by far the best store in greenville.

As far as advancing the music scene, I'll cross my fingers. Greenville seems to be predominantly country, folk, and jazz. The handlebar's been doing a decent job of bringing more stuff in, but Greenville's tastes need to broaden for any real growth.

Don't forget the Spot on Piazza Bergamo. The Verve were there not long ago, believe it or not. And Wild Wing Cafe seems to almost always have some live rock & roll going on. Also, Port City Java over on Mills has an Open Mic Night once a week...there are some good performers that turn up over there.

What other live music scenes are there in Greenville and the Upstate? There has to be quite a few more than these.

I am ready for Greenville to have some good live jazz. I know we have Main Street Jazz, which is okay, but I am talking about a jazz club. A cool place to hang out, have a drink, relax, and listen to some soothing jazz.

I am hoping that Greenville will soon have more places like that - places to hang out after dinner that aren't your typical loud, smoky bar/club. You know, something to bridge the gap between dinner and heading home with friends/significant others. Any sort of laid back, chill club would be welcomed - whether it's jazz, or asian-themed, or artsy with techno music. Extra points if it's non-smoking. :)

Earshot is indeed opening Saturday in the old Groce building! Here are a few shots from the front doors. I talked with one of the workers and was able to get inside to look around. unbeleivably nice! My photos don't do it justice, but enjoy! B) BTW, they have brown paper over the hardwood floors, so we'll see them once it opens.

From Coffee Street, looking toward the entrances.

IMGA0958.jpg

Just inside the lounge/bar/cafe side of the shop.

IMGA0954.jpg

Looking from the lounge into the music store side.

IMGA0955.jpg

Just inside the music store side.

IMGA0956.jpg

IMGA0957.jpg

Partial shot of the Brown Street side of the building

IMGA0953.jpg

A shot of the building from a few weeks ago.

IMGA0876.jpg

Great photos of Earshot!! Thanks Skyliner!! This will be a real plus for downtown! :thumbsup:

Downtown also needs to get some more unique bars.....a vodka bar maybe (I was in one in Seattle where the entire top of the bar was ice....frozen nightly....250 brands of vodka). Or a sake bar. A couple of jazz clubs. etc etc

Archived