Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Allan

Book-Cadillac finance plan moves forward

Any idea on who's involved? I've heard so many names flying around during the whole BC saga, I have no idea who the developer is anymore.

The developer is Ferchill Group. I'm not sure what the hotel will be anymore. The last thing I remember hearing was that is was going to be a Westin, but that was several months ago.

I hope this time its the real deal. I think once this is finished downtown is going to explode with activity. Even more so than now.

If this happens, Washington BLVD and the financial district will in my opinion have a huge boom.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If this and the Lafayette get done. The financial district will be a whole lot more walkable. Those two buildings right now seem to suck the life out of everything in the area. With the Statler coming down, that would leave Capitol Park and Park Ave. as the only real bastions of blight left downtown.

What is this thing scaling up and down the building:

bookcadillac2.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A construction elevator. There were also towers attached to the other side of the building for a movable scaffold, but it was taken down because of safety reasons.

Believe it or not, I'm not architecturally literate besides the few commons terms most urban enthusiast know. I do not know what an entablature is, nor do I know what a frieze is. :)