Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjoshjl

Shutle Launch

I know its Not Urban planet related, But all Jacksonville members should be able to go outside and look south and see the shuttle launch...

the Shuttle launches at 10:39. So long as your view to the south isnt blocked you should be able to see it...

Cheers

We tried to see it from work, but I think it was too hazy. Oh well, maybe next time.

-J

ive always found it amazing that the shuttle launches could be viewed from jacksonville, does anyone know if they can be seen from orlando or maybe even tampa? and what about to the south?

does anyone know if they can be seen from orlando
Watched it from the top floor of a parking garage on the UCF campus - spectacular !

According to Dale, Orlando had a great view of the launch. As for Tampa, I cannot say.

According to Dale, Orlando had a great view of the launch.  As for Tampa, I cannot say.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Except that the launch was partially obscured by clouds.

Daytona Beach had a great view though, as the shuttle went north along the coastline.

We could see them as far as Lakeland, while growing up. I still clearly remember watching the Challenger explode, while standing in the school playground in 3rd Grade.