Returning to the Uptown trouble topic

joshuacc

On Saturday night one of my friends was jumped by five people in the Post Gateway parking deck and had his jaw broken really bad. Hes spent a few days in the hospital. He had to have plastic surgery to fix it. We had a conversation about people in post gateway "not hurting anyone" by acting like holes, but this time someone did get hurt. The people who jumped him obviously did not live in gateway. Some prix in my building however thought it would be funny to pull the fire alarm again, little did they know something bad was actually happening. Instead of emergence services going to my friend who was laying on the ground bleeding the came over to the other side of the building where the fire alarm took place. So yeah if you think you are not hurting anyone think again, you just may be.

Someone also got into our secured building somehow on Friday and tried to force his was into a womans apartment. Luckily a Police officer lives in the building and wrestled the guy away.

When I asked the leasing office about the fire alarm, the comment I got was "we can't control what everyone does". Well pulling an alarm is a felony, and it happens all the time, so invest in a dam camera. I told them I was sick of all the crap, so they said "well leave then". Apparently that's how they make all of their money, with the tight leases they have. That place is ridiculous.

MOD EDIT: Edited for language.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5, 15-17 year olds on bikes, random violence although they did grab his wallet. It was at about 2:30-3:00 in the morning.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is unfortunate. If they were that young they should have been at home. It's important to always practice due deligence. Even when you think you're safe in the comfort of your own neighborhood, you should always be aware of your surroundings. And by no means am I saying anything against your friend, this is just a warning to all.

I'm sorry your friend got hurt. At least he'll be okay. :) Honestly, unless you take Post out of the equation, it's difficult for me to judge if there's a problem Uptown. In case you didn't know, there's a secret code in the Post sign that tells all robbers, murderers and rapists: Yes, please come right on in. Post apartments are notoriously bad for thir security. They commonly have things like security systems that work at the source, yet aren't connected to a call center. What I'm trying to say is if you plan to live in a city that's bound to become more dangerous, move. Post is such an awful place to live, safety-wise.

Well I was out of control too and I apoligise to everyone here who was offended by my comments in the thread that I closed down. I feel bad about some of the things I said in that thread and it won't be something that will be repeated by me again at UrbanPlanet. (or anywhere else I post for that matter)

We want everybody to be welcome at this forum and devisive threads that pit one group of people against another are going to be closed down in tbe future.

Well I was out of control too and I apoligise to everyone here who was offended by my comments  in the thread that I closed down.  I feel bad about some of the things I said in that thread and it won't be something that will be repeated by me again at UrbanPlanet.  (or anywhere else I post for that matter)

We want everybody to be welcome at this forum and devisive threads that pit one group of people against another are going to be closed down in tbe future.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not really sure what Larry was inferring. Although I will say, My Father is black, maybe not my blood father, but he's my dad as far as I'm concerned.

Well I was out of control too and I apoligise to everyone here who was offended by my comments  in the thread that I closed down.  I feel bad about some of the things I said in that thread and it won't be something that will be repeated by me again at UrbanPlanet.  (or anywhere else I post for that matter)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived