Providence Dining Experiences and Reviews

Garris

My wife and I tried Los Andes on Chalkstone over the weekend. It's a Peruvian and Bolivian restaurant. Apparently, they moved from somewhere else in the city, but haven't been on Chalkstone all that long. It was pretty empty when we were there. The decor is decent. It seems as though they get a lot of the same people. The food was fantastic. I got a shish-kabob dish and my wife got short beef ribs. It was all cooked to perfection. It was served with arroz con queso, which was fabulous. The waitstaff was very friendly and helpful. The best part was it's not at all expensive. The most expensive dish is $18 with most dishes at around $12. You get a ton of food as well. We will definitely be returning.

Website

Menu

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So I checked out Uncle Paul's Pizza on Westminster last night for the second time. Our first order a couple weeks ago got a little screwed up, but last night was great. Tasty thin wheat crust - everything very fresh and home made. My only complaint (and this seems odd) is that it all seemed like it could use some more salt. Anyhow, I chatted with the owner some - super nice guy who is very interested in being a good neighbor and making a good product. He said that so far they have managed to break even which is more than he could hope for given the state of things. He also said that they will be installing windows in the store front any day now that will match the windows they put in for the shoe store next door. I think that will help business a lot - right now its pretty easy to miss.

So I checked out Uncle Paul's Pizza on Westminster last night for the second time. Our first order a couple weeks ago got a little screwed up, but last night was great. Tasty thin wheat crust - everything very fresh and home made. My only complaint (and this seems odd) is that it all seemed like it could use some more salt. Anyhow, I chatted with the owner some - super nice guy who is very interested in being a good neighbor and making a good product. He said that so far they have managed to break even which is more than he could hope for given the state of things. He also said that they will be installing windows in the store front any day now that will match the windows they put in for the shoe store next door. I think that will help business a lot - right now its pretty easy to miss.

Sounds good, thanks for the info. I will have to check it out next time I get pizza.

As for another neighborhood spot, I got take out from Pho Paradise twice in the past two weeks - the food I had was outstanding. I'm an Asian food-freak, and the last meal I had there was one of the best I've had in a long time. I had the fried Saigon Ravioli (dumplings) as an app. The dipping sauce was possibly the best dumpling sauce I've ever had. A little thicker than usual, very good flavor. The entree I had was one of the vermicelli bowls, # 37 (I got it with beef). It has deliciously-seasoned beef, carrots, cucumbers, sprouts, basil, and mint, and comes with crispy spring rolls on top. It was fantastic. You can find their menu on menupix.com......

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We checked out the new Asian Paradise restaurant on North Main friday night. I had heard mixed reviews, but our dinner was great! I had a Gen Tso's combo, which was $8.95 including pork fried rice and an eggroll - It was exceptionally tasty. The menu is a million pages with everything under the sun - Chinese, Japanese, Thai.... We also had some sushi that was totally decent. Prices are very reasonable and the decor is way over the top tacky-tacular. Lots of dark wood, granite, marble. Still feels too new and a little sterile, but I totally dug it. The only down side was that the wait staff was a little awkward and almost too attentive. We had about a half dozen people ask if we where ready to order - it was pretty funny.

• 4 months later...

Archived