Michigan Central Station PART II of IV

wolverine

More:

cleanfloor.jpg

There's something interesting with this photo. Can anyone see something different in this image compared to the one I posted earlier? This photo has not been edited except for copyright branding put in. Any guesses? :)

cleanfloor2.jpg

That is one sad archway.

cleanfloor3.jpg

This is a great place to stand and get your picture taken. Although there were other explorers in the building, they were all too busy taking their own pictures, and it takes about 15 minutes to get up there. :(

above1.jpg

Hello?! What happened here.

above2.jpg

It was VERY hard to get these photos from this perspective.

above3.jpg

They were taken from above the domes through the holes where the chandeliers once hung. I'm still questioning why this renovation is extremely expensive. I'm no engineer, but the steel beams and concrete domes seem to be excellent structural condition.

above4.jpg

This was just half of the journey getting up. At the bottom you can see the top of the plaster ceiling which you had to walk on to get to the ladder. In the room below, there is no ladder. The only way up is by climbing a steel shelving unit that is unfortunately turned sideways. You then half to be capable of doing a pull-up to get above the access door. Thankfully I was able to do that!

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep, that what happened. Someone cleaned the floors. :)

I first found out you could go up in the ceilings after seeing someone's photos posted on another forum. I thought that person was out of their mind because I wasn't sure how strong the domes are. Well, they are very strong actually. Once you are up there, it is safe to walk around. However, as I mentioned, the climb up there is kind of difficult.

Zissou

It would be cool to do a MCS tour with a bunch of us. It seems at this point, the station has become a tourist attraction.

Yep, that what happened.  Someone cleaned the floors.  :)

I first found out you could go up in the ceilings after seeing someone's photos posted on  another forum.  I thought that person was out of their mind because I wasn't sure how strong the domes are.  Well, they are very strong actually.  Once you are up there, it is safe to walk around.  However, as I mentioned, the climb up there is kind of difficult.

Zissou

It would be cool to do a MCS tour with a bunch of us.  It seems at this point, the station has become a tourist attraction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do you think someone cleaned it up to host a rave party or something :P Or do you think potential investors were going through it?

Do you think someone cleaned it up to host a rave party or something :P  Or do you think potential investors were going through it?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wouldn't know for sure. But I noticed some of the upper floor had received some cleanup as well. I think someone might be hired to go in and clean certain areas, just so it looks less of a dump.

For those of you who don't know, they are shooting a portion of a movie at the station starting this Friday, hence the cleanup. It is supposedly a basketball movie, and one of the games is taking place at the train station.

Oh, that would be cool if they left the basketball hoops up.  Next time we go we could get an action shot of me doing a slam dunk with the backdrop of the station.  We'd have to bring a ladder though.  I'm not that tall!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And your white so you got two strikes against you already. :D

Archived