Sharon and Morrison

DigitalSky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's some of the most expensive and prominent real estate in SouthPark and she's putting in a Walgreens, a garden shop and a Bojangles? :wacko:

What would have been the harm in waiting for the real estate market to shake out and then developing the site? This seems like a waste of land and money when everything else around it is going multistory and upscale.

What's next, Family Dollar? :rofl:

It's funny how WSOC hyped up the story

Charlotte, NC -- Eyewitness News has learned a major development will be built across from SouthPark Mall.

It will be built at Sharon Road and Morrison Boulevard.

The goodwill collection trailer currently on the site will be replaced with a 24-hour Walgreens Pharmacy and a Garden Secrets store.

The village type development will also include several restaurants, including a unique Bojangles offering healthy foods.

One of the buildings on the property is already being renovated.

Walgreens is expected to open in the spring of next year.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/4336741/detail.html

I'll say one thing, if I lived in Seven Eagles, I'd be one pissed off homeowner! Dee Dee's got her big wet hole that will be nothing but a mosquito magnet this summer (tongue planted firmly in cheek).

Now she's giving her hometown just what it needs to become more worldly: a Walgreen's and fast food restaurant on one of the most valuable corners in the city. Somebody please lock her away so she can't ruin some other neighborhood in the Queen City. Next she'll be tearing down the Duke Mansion to give us a much needed CVS and McDonald's in Myers Park. Go Dee Dee, Go...really, I mean it, just go!

I'll say one thing, if I lived in Seven Eagles, I'd be one pissed off homeowner!  Dee Dee's got her big hole that will be nothing but a mosquito magnet this summer. 

Now she's giving her hometown just what it needs to become more worldly:  a Walgreen's and fast food restaurant on one of the most valuable corners in the city.  Somebody please lock her away so she can't ruin some other neighborhood in the Queen City.  Next she'll be tearing down the Duke Mansion to give us a much needed CVS and McDonald's in Myers Park.  Go Dee Dee, Go...really, I mean it, just go!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:rofl:

Her stupid ass nursery.......opps, did I say that.  I meant that she opened and operates the delightful Garden Secrets (which she has already sold to a developer to be turned into a high-income gated community)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yeah.. going from a Nursery to a Saks and Upscale Hotel that never happened... go figure

I think she may be smoking something in the garden before she makes these development plans, and that's the secret :wacko:

To be a little less anti Dee-Dee than this thread has become, I think that she was in just a little over her head at Seven Eagles. While the Morrison poroposal is certainly doable, I think I would have waited and let some other projects get built, thereby increasing the value of the land, and then built the kind of upscale project that corner needs.

I'm not sure she was in over her head. Anyone with some money and common sense can be a developer. The problem was that she was so blinded by Saks, that she made a deal that she and her investors weren't willing to accept.......so maybe only half the developer equation was there.

I agree though, her corner is prime and her choice of tenants is a reflection of who was willing to pay top dollar. I don't buy for a second her excuses. I know for a fact that an established high-end retailer already in the SouthPark market called her a few times about her site and she refused to ever return the call. Of course, it's been known for years that she was trying to get Walgreens. Her excuses about the steak house market being too flooded is obviously bogus, since both Morton's and Fleming's have signed leases in SouthPark since her parcel has been on the market.

IMO, her problem is that her land is too valuable for her own good. The price lends itself to high-density retail, possibly mixed use. Her aptitude at this has demonstrated. Instead, her problem was solved when two suburban retailers who wanted to be in the SP market were willing to pay the $$$. As a bonus, she now has a place to grow her flowers and trees, listen to customers compliment her on her wonderful new location, and best of all for her husband, keep her from flying to New York continually to "research the components of high-end retailing".

• 3 months later...

I noticed Walgreen's is going in at Sharon and Colony.

Anyone heard if this one will be uniquely designed or their standard design?

If I have to see any letters in the paper about a badly designed Walgreen's from the same people that complained about the Big Blue Burger King at SouthPark, I'll throw up. :sick:

???? People shouldn't care about design?

Anyway, this will be Mediterranean themed to compliment Dee Dee's horrible little development of the Walgreens + Garden Secret's + Bojangles.....a true over-utilization of a semi-urban corner. <_<

If I have to see any letters in the paper about a badly designed Walgreen's from the same people that complained about the Big Blue Burger King at SouthPark, I'll throw up. :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The SouthPark Burger King is ugly as sin! That blue paint doesn't help it at all.

Archived