Sharon and Morrison

DigitalSky

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DeeDee's Walgreen's actually pays attention to urban form. It hugs the corner of Morrison and Sharon. Parking is behind the building and between it and her Garden Secrets store (anybody for a $40 flat of pansies?).

With any luck, the new pharmacy will be able to find something to kill all the stuff growing in DeeDee's big hole at Seven Eagles.

Sorry...bad taste I know, but I can't help myself when her name comes up.

Who's "DeeDee?"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Dee-Dee Harris. She's a developer who put together the Saks Fifth Avenue deal (that wasn't) in Charlotte recently. Saks backed out of the project. leaving a big hole that is kindly referred around here as "Dee-Dee's Hole"

Dee-Dee Harris.  She's a developer who put together the Saks Fifth Avenue deal (that wasn't) in Charlotte recently.  Saks backed out of the project. leaving a big hole that is kindly referred around here as "Dee-Dee's Hole"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wish someone would make a big sign that says "Dee-Dee's Hole" and put it in front of the hole. I wonder how long it would stay :)

All the neighbors would get a kick out of the sign.

I wish someone would make a big sign that says "Dee-Dee's Hole" and put it in front of the hole.  I wonder how long it would stay :)

All the neighbors would get a kick out of the sign.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

that'd be hilarious... *goes to find magic marker and posterboard* :whistling:

Dee-Dee Harris.  She's a developer who put together the Saks Fifth Avenue deal (that wasn't) in Charlotte recently.  Saks backed out of the project. leaving a big hole that is kindly referred around here as "Dee-Dee's Hole"

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So I'm guessing that big whole is where the proposed Saks would've been? Any reasons/ideas why she backed out?

So I'm guessing that big whole is where the proposed Saks would've been? Any reasons/ideas why she backed out?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

She ran out of money and went to the city trying to get funds. City Council blocked her.

In the meantime, SouthPark got Neiman Marcus and Saks' parent company began tanking financially, both situations leading to Saks pulling out of the project.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Investors on a $100M+ project don't like to be told up fron that they are getting a 20% return, and then later told they are getting a 4% return and thats assuming that a company in financial trouble is the anchor and the hotel will be a prototype.

• 1 month later...

I think it's so stupid that just because a chain is based out of Charlotte means they have to put it on every freakin corner in the city and every mall in the city.....ex. Bojangles, Family Dollar, Belk, Cato.........Same thing in Boston how they have Dunkin Donuts on every corner......and in Atlanta they have Waffle house everywhere.....give us something unique for a change sheesh.....

Archived