Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brickell

Hypothetical Florida Split

Where should the new border be?  

65 members have voted

1. 1. Where should the new border be?

• Suwannee River
    • North of Central (south of Levy, Marion, Putnam and Flagler)
    • Orlando North/Tampa South
    • Tampa North/ Orlando South
    • South of Central (North of Lee, Hendry and Palm Beach)
    • Miami-Dade only
    • other

If I saw this done, I'd want it purely for political reasons. Thus, I'd prefer to see the states three largest regions all included in one state... South Florida, Tampa, and Orlando. The democratic vote in S. Florida would be plenty to counteract the somewhat conservative vote in the other 2 regions (and the numerous smaller communities). The northern part of the state would be a dark red state, but it's electoral pull would be significantly less than the lower half.

Maybe the Miami-Broward line should become the new US border. :lol:

And while we're at it, we could float Broward and Palm Beach up off the coast of NYC to really become the 6th borough.

Seriously, if you were to divide the state culturally, IronChapman's would be the best boundary.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Indeed and thanks, North Florida (by this division) would seem more like a traditoional Sotuhern state, adn South Florida would seem more like...should I say the California of the South?

That's why I chose it from the maps Brickell posted.

the third would work, or basically any scenario pairing orlando and jax up, that way we would still benefit from tourism money. tampa can come too. anything 50 miles south of 1-4 could go to the miami state.

An alternative would be to join the west panhandle with Alabama and NE Florida (including Jax) to Georgia. Florida would then only consist of the peninsular area.

most likely, red = republican = florida.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Except for the independent city-state that is Miami-Dade. :P

An alternative would be to join the west panhandle with Alabama and NE Florida (including Jax) to Georgia.  Florida would then only consist of the peninsular area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could that actually happen?

I suppose it could, but I don't know hwo well JAX would like being a GA city since it would be so close to the border.

If anything we should add mobile bay to florida florida is fine the way it is but like our countries government our states is also stupid :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Why stop there? Lets take back Biloxi, Mobile and everything else that used to be a part of Florida.