Suggestions for Anniversary Dinner?

NYTransplant

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can anyone make a suggestion for a Sunday brunch, or late Sunday afternoon dinner this weekend?

I was thinking of Rick Erwin's (if they're open Sunday), but if somebody knows a must-do, I'm open for suggestions. B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'd highly recommend going to Saskatoon (click here) on Haywood Road! :thumbsup: They're open from 5pm - 9pm on Sundays, I believe.

I'd highly recommend going to Saskatoon on Haywood Road!  :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not sure the wife would be into wild game. :unsure:

I'm thinking more along the lines of Restaurant O or Chop House. We did the Chop House for our 10th. We were living in the Residence Inn across Pelham waiting for our house to be built. It was the two of us and the dog for 2 months in a hotel room. I can remember it rained like nobody's business that night. Must have been 8/1/03. Probably the worst rain in along time other than the night downtown flooded.

Sorry, caught myself reminiscing. :wub:

I'd highly recommend going to Saskatoon (click here) on Haywood Road!  :thumbsup:  They're open from 5pm - 9pm on Sundays, I believe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

RT, I went through the web site of Saskatoon and it reminds me of a place we used to go (a chain called bugaboo creek), but much much nicer. I will definitely check this one out in the future. I was under the impression that they had mostly game, but it is just a small part of the menu.

Thanks for opening my eyes. :blink:

First of all, congratulations on your wedding anniversary, NYTransplant!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Restaurant O. I think it is probably Greenville's nicest restaurant, in terms of chic, upscale atmosphere and amazing food.

I also hear that they have a great brunch at the Embassy Suites on Verdae. I think it's $25 or so per person, but people have raved about it. I am not sure about the atmosphere, and if it is anniversary-worthy or not.

Let us know what you decide on!

I think it would be cool for us to create a subforum one day that has Greenville restaurant reviews. Perhaps we don't have enough regular posters yet, but between us we could still probably come up with a number of reviews.

I ate at Giovanni's tonight, an Italian restaurant on Woodruff Road (sort of across from where Lieu's and Fuddrucker's are). It was really good! Entrees are $10-$15, and the atmosphere is cozy and nice. I recommend it if you're in the mood for Italian but don't want any of the regular places you normally frequent.

First of all, congratulations on your wedding anniversary, NYTransplant!

In my opinion, you can't go wrong with Restaurant O.  I think it is probably Greenville's nicest restaurant, in terms of chic, upscale atmosphere and amazing food.

I also hear that they have a great brunch at the Embassy Suites on Verdae.  I think it's $25 or so per person, but people have raved about it.  I am not sure about the atmosphere, and if it is anniversary-worthy or not.

Let us know what you decide on!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks Greenville. I see that congratulations are in order for you too. I assume you will be attending MUSC soon.

I agree with your opinion of Restaurant O. I've been there once before and I could not say one negative thing about the meal or the service. It was impeccable.

I've also heard about the Embassy Suites brunch, though I haven't experienced that yet.

I'll let you know what I decide. B)

I think it would be cool for us to create a subforum one day that has Greenville restaurant reviews.  Perhaps we don't have enough regular posters yet, but between us we could still probably come up with a number of reviews.

I ate at Giovanni's tonight, an Italian restaurant on Woodruff Road (sort of across from where Lieu's and Fuddrucker's are).  It was really good!  Entrees are $10-$15, and the atmosphere is cozy and nice.  I recommend it if you're in the mood for Italian but don't want any of the regular places you normally frequent.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm no food critic, but that sounds like a good idea.

I've had Giovanni's once before. Not bad, especially for the price. Those type of places are usually the best.

Look into The Peddler while thinking about Restaurant O.

I also really like Gerard's Contemporary Italian Cuisine in the heart of downtown Greer.  Official Website Here    More great info and photos HERE!

Check out this cool website!

B)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't heard of either of these. I'll check them out too. Thanks :thumbsup:

OK, Here's the deal. Since my wife has a weird schedule, I figured I would ask her when & where she wanted to go. I didn't want to make a reservation we couldn't keep. First thing out of her mouth was Restaurant O. Great, problem solved.

Then she says, "why don't we just stay home and make a nice meal. We'll go to Joe Joe's and get some shrimp & lobster. That way if we drink too much, we're already home". I'm all for that, but I'm not cooking and I'm not going to let her cook.

I like to go out, and she wants to stay in. As you see, the need for formality dwindles in direct proportion to the number of years you've been married. Except of course for "the biggies", 10, 15, 20...etc, where something spectacular is expected.

Now to the Compromise: 2 Chefs 2 Go. My next-door neighboor swears by this place, and it's convenient to the house.

We'll see how it goes. Add a gift certificate to the Spa at West End (one of her favorites), and I'm good to go.

So thanks for all the suggestions, I will not let them go to waste. I just won't be using them this weekend. :thumbsup:

If you decide to go uot after all, Gerard's is a awsome choice.  Another great choice would be Stax Pepermill on Haywood.  Their remodle looks great and food is wonderful.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome back Brad. Hadn't heard from you in a bit.

Gerhards & Peppermill are both on my list of musts.

By the way all, I highly reccommend 2 chefs 2 go. My wife got the Pecan Encrusted Grouper and a Crab Cake. I had the Chicken Florentine. We also grabbed some Pasta Salad, Mozzarella & Tomato salad and Baby Asparagus. For dessert we had Key Lime Pie, Chocolate Truffle Cake and Tiramisu.

The quality was great. Couple that with a bottle of wine and voila! a meal that rivals a reasonably good restaurant at half the price. :thumbsup:

Hmmm... maybe we should start a restaurant review thread. :whistling:

Ya, I went to a Wedding in Tampa Florida, but I am back now. I'll post some pictures when I get a chance. I stayed in the Marriot Waterside on the 23rd floor. Awsome Hotel, espcially when you are getting a $800+ per night suite for $50 dollars per night.

Ya, I went to a Wedding in Tampa Florida, but I am back now.  I'll post some pictures when I get a chance.  I stayed in the Marriot Waterside on the 23rd floor.  Awsome Hotel, espcially when you are getting a $800+ per night suite for $50 dollars per night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That is a great hotel. Now you've given me the itch to go back. It's great to walk to a hockey game or the aquarium.

Archived