New 22 story tower

jchipgcs

There is a new 22 story condo and 100 slip marina gearing up to go in next to the old Ortega Yacht Club. There will be 90 units in the building and the purchasers get first right to also buy a marina slip for additional money. The remaining 10 slips will be available for sale to the general public at some point.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. If you're on the water, looking towards the Ortega Yacht Club tower, this will be immediately left, almost right behind Chamberlain's Book Mine. The marina is already there but will change hands as well. The units are suppose to range in size from 2000sqft to 3600sqft and prices starting at 825K to almost 2 million, pre-construction.

Thanks for the info. What's your source (i.e. what part of this project are you working on)?

I'm definitely confused by the location though. If it's right behind Chamblin's Bookmine, then it sounds like the site for the failed "Ortega River Condos." However, that's where I thought this new "Ortega Landing" project was going.

ol_ext2.jpg

Perhaps someone could go on the GIS maps and tell us which parcel is Ortega Landing and which one is this 22-floor proposal?

A 22 story tower in that location would be extremely impressive. However, considering the failure of Ortega River to get presales (at lower starting prices than 800k, I might add) I won't relly believe it until I see it.

I'm still searching for that construction brief about this tower, but here's the information I included on it, in April's update of the Jax Development Thread.

Ortega Yacht Club

Project summary:

- 20 story condo tower

- 80 units

Developer: Ortega Yacht Club Condominiums LLC, O.Y.C.

Estimated costs: n/a

Ok, if you look at that picture and see the marinas. Spot the marina with the 3 rows of slips and the white angled ramp leading from the shore. That is the site and that is the marina.

I have pictures/renderings and will try to post after verifying this is ok with the developer. They haven't been released to the general public.

Well, I have a rendering but it's saved on my PC.  I'm not sure how to post it on here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

www.photobucket.com

Get a free account and upload the image there. Copy the url (the bottom one of the 3 they give under each pic) and paste it into your reply.

Well, I believe it will be stucco or something similar as it's not very feasable to put brick up 22 floors. The early rendering is a creamy white tower with blue metal roof accents. It looks nautical. The CGI image leans toward the bland side but there is a lot of architectural shape in reality with various shaped balconies in each unit. If you have email, I could send you what I have.

Well, I believe it will be stucco or something similar as it's not very feasable to put brick up 22 floors. The early rendering is a creamy white tower with blue metal roof accents. It looks nautical. The CGI image leans toward the bland side but there is a lot of architectural shape in reality with various shaped balconies in each unit. If you have email, I could send you what I have.

Ugh. No offense, but I hope that isnt built. I could be wrong though - I'll wait for the rendering. And, by the way, there are all kinds of brick towers downtown, so it can be done. Or, how about a more modern glass look, like the awesome green glass condos in Vancouver, BC if not traditional brick? Why must we always have stucco?? :blink:

I think the project would benefit by having something facing the riverfront on the bottom level. Is it safe to assume that, that's the parking level? Maybe it becomes an amenity like a fitness center or billard room, with glass windows on the river.

Nevertheless, it having a private marina, riverfront views and within walking distance of Roosevelt Square, should be enough to make the units sell rapidly.

No problem. I'll do some investigating and see if I can find out about the rendering. I never bothered to count the floors before but we are short a few! I think they had a couple proposals orig and this might be one of them.

The first 3 floors are parking and amenities. Fitness, lounge, spa, etc......There are waterviews from this area but I think as we're just kinda seeing the side view of the building, it's hard to tell.

Archived