The Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts

jlblaes

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't they at least take the "energy" off the name of it? Progress Center for the Performing Arts sounds much better then Progress Energy Center for the Performing Arts....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree NCMike, sounds kind of corny.

I also have another thought on this as well. I love the money and the example they are setting in DT Raleigh for other HQ based companies to invest in the area.

If Raleigh had 2-3 more HQ DT, think about the floodgate that would open into this market. Maybe even just one more could start the ball rolling. I give them the credit for coming into a dead area like DT and really making things happen...More are sure to follow. And with this being said I really don't mind the name. By the way, I have seen Progress energy commercials on local tv in Richmond Va, makes me wonder if they are headed here next.

Go Raleigh Go

• 1 year later...

Totally random, but if anyone likes BB King, he's playing at the Memorial Auditorium next Tuesday.

... really an excuse for bring up this topic. We often don't recognize how nice a facility we have here in Raleigh, especially after the renovation/addition in 2000-01.

Totally random, but if anyone likes BB King, he's playing at the Memorial Auditorium next Tuesday.

... really an excuse for bring up this topic. We often don't recognize how nice a facility we have here in Raleigh, especially after the renovation/addition in 2000-01.

Archived