West Trade/West Charlotte

Seeker

Dan Portillio, with WBTV, did a piece on Sun. about homes off of West Trade. He mainly talked aobut Wesley Heights, but stated due to the development along West Trade, the housing market on that side of town would appreciate at a faster clip than homes in the suburbs. Any thoughts?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I absolutely agree.....at least those houses within 2 miles of downtown....

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You brought up a good point, something I've never been sure about. When people say they live 2 miles from downtown, or realtors promote a neighborhood as a close in area, what is the reference point? Are they counting Trade & Tryon Intersection, or does it count as long as you reach the outskirts of downtown?

Everyone has their own opinion, and there is no really physical point....I'd say that from the west side, 2-miles to Graham St. would be a reference point......a better way of looking at it though IMO would be closer than I-85.

You brought up a good point, something I've never been sure about.  When people say they live 2 miles from downtown, or realtors promote a neighborhood as a close in area, what is the reference point?  Are they counting Trade & Tryon Intersection, or does it count as long as you reach the outskirts of downtown?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

If it's coming from a realtor, they are probably counting 2 miles from the 277 loop. All the time I see ads for places and it will say they're "minutes from downtown," when they're actually near South Park or further away. I don't consider South Park to be close to downtown, but yeah, it's closer than Rock Hill is.

I am eager to see West Charlotte recover, but I think a lot of houses I've seen on the market in places such as Wesley Heights and Wilmore are already priced too high just based on speculation.

Archived