Sports in Arkansas

Mith242

• Replies 811
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It takes all the heat off of Frank and UA. Now they can say they didn't pick him if he doesn't work out. I'm surprised they didn't pay out at least $500k. Frank promised us a big name. Just another lie by the white hair devil. I wonder if the new coach will be smart enough not to text on a school provided phone.

The press conference was an uncomfortable scene of fawnery. After glorifying Pelphrey (just for playing basketball 1 year under hall-of-fame coach), he said, "I wouldn't trade Pelphrey for ANY other coach in America."

The guy looks excited though, which should be a great thing...

• 4 weeks later...

The AAA's new high school enrollment figures for 2008-2010 will cause some changes in the conferences. Rogers splitting will bump Russellville down to 6A. Pine Bluff drops to 6A as well. West Memphis moves up to 7A, having to travel to Central Ark for all of its conference games. West Memphis and Van Buren are now teetering at the bottom of the 7A ranks and a Bentonville split will knock one of them down.

I personally wish that we'd go back to the old classification system. I liked it considerably better.

AAA reclassification numbers

The AAA's new high school enrollment figures for 2008-2010 will cause some changes in the conferences. Rogers splitting will bump Russellville down to 6A. Pine Bluff drops to 6A as well. West Memphis moves up to 7A, having to travel to Central Ark for all of its conference games. West Memphis and Van Buren are now teetering at the bottom of the 7A ranks and a Bentonville split will knock one of them down.

I personally wish that we'd go back to the old classification system. I liked it considerably better.

AAA reclassification numbers

Archived