Introduce Yourself

Mith242

Hey everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself, I don't live in Arkansas but I would like to go there someday, I wouldn't mind visiting Little Rock.  I like reading your guys posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Zachariah,

Nice of you to introduce yourself. We welcome anyone into our beautiful state. Little Rock, Northwest Arkansas, and Hotsprings are definitely places you would want to visit. I live in Northwest Arkansas and absolutely love it here. There is a lot happening all throughout our state. Where are you from?

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in Canton, a suburb of Detroit, Michigan.  What's your favorite place in Arkansas to go to?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the board. As far as favorite place to go in Arkansas, that depends on what you're looking for. If you're talking about outdoors there's a number of places to go in the Ozarks, Ouchitas and the River Valley. The Buffalo Natl River (especially around Newton County) is probably my favorite. If the outdoors aren't exactly what you're looking for Eureka Springs and Hot Springs are both pretty nice places to visit. If you're looking for more of an urban place to go then Little Rock and the northwest Arkansas metro might be what you want.

Hey everyone,

I thought I would introduce myself, I don't live in Arkansas but I would like to go there someday, I wouldn't mind visiting Little Rock.  I like reading your guys posts.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Who is our "guy?" :huh:

Anyway, I notice that others have mentioned the mountainous areas of Arkansas, in the northern and western parts of the state. Those are beautiful places, but I also love the Delta in eastern Arkansas. Sure it's the poorest region in America, but it's a wonderful place to visit and relax. For one, it's a truly unique American place; it just oozes Old South culture. There's beauty in the Mississippi River and cotton fields too, and the people are so friendly. Helena, which sits right on the Mighty Mississippi, is probably the best town to visit there.

Whats up everyone? I'm your neighbor from Memphis. I had to check out Arkansas' forum after my recent visit to Little Rock. I've only passed through Little Rock until I recently visited the Clinton museum. I have to say that downtown Little Rock is beautiful! Everything looks so new and clean. I noticed that yall have a trolley system too. How old is it and how far does it go. Up until now, the only thing that I associated with Little Rock was Dillard's department stores and gangs from watching an old HBO special and one that aired recently. That has all changed now. Although downtown wasn't that dense, it was still gorgeous! You should be proud.

Edited by mandrws1

Whats up everyone? I'm your neighbor from Memphis.  I had to check out Arkansas' forum after my recent visit to Little Rock.  I've only passed through Little Rock until I recently visited the Clinton museum.  I have to say that downtown Little Rock is beautiful!  Everything looks so new and clean.  I noticed that yall have a trolley system too.  How old is it and how far does it go.  Up until now, the only thing that I associated with Little Rock was Dillard's department stores and  gangs from watching an old HBO special and one that aired recently.  That has all changed now.  Although downtown wasn't that dense, it was still gorgeous!  You should be proud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Welcome to the Arkansas forum. We sometimes have a few Memphis forumers come over and post. You guys are more than welcome to join in. Glad you were impressed with Little Rock. I'm no expert on Little Rock, but I've gotten the impression that things have been going rather well the last few years.

Whats up everyone? I'm your neighbor from Memphis.  I had to check out Arkansas' forum after my recent visit to Little Rock.  I've only passed through Little Rock until I recently visited the Clinton museum.  I have to say that downtown Little Rock is beautiful!  Everything looks so new and clean.  I noticed that yall have a trolley system too.  How old is it and how far does it go.  Up until now, the only thing that I associated with Little Rock was Dillard's department stores and  gangs from watching an old HBO special and one that aired recently.  That has all changed now.  Although downtown wasn't that dense, it was still gorgeous!  You should be proud.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thanks for the compliments.

Our trolley line opened in November 2004, shortly before the opening of the Clinton Library. Currently the track only runs 2.5 miles, but it will soon be extended to the Clinton Library for an estimated $7.6 million. We recently received a $6 million grant from the federal government, so it should be completed soon.

I thought for sure you would have associated Little Rock with being FedEx's birthplace, since y'all took it from us. :(

By the way, let me compliment Memphis. I can't count how many times I've been there, since I've had family there for so long, and I consider it one of the great American cities.

Thanks for the compliments.

Our trolley line opened in November 2004, shortly before the opening of the Clinton Library. Currently the track only runs 2.5 miles, but it will soon be extended to the Clinton Library for an estimated $7.6 million. We recently received a $6 million grant from the federal government, so it should be completed soon.

I thought for sure you would have associated Little Rock with being FedEx's birthplace, since y'all took it from us. :(

By the way, let me compliment Memphis. I can't count how many times I've been there, since I've had family there for so long, and I consider it one of the great American cities.

Thanks for the warm welcome guys :thumbsup:

Edited by mandrws1

I thought I'd introduced myself on this thread way back when, but did a quick look of the posts and couldn't find mine.

Anyway, I was born and raised in Memphis, left Memphis at 17 to go to school in Nashville, quit school at 19 and went back to Memphis, left Memphis at 20 and moved to New Orleans, left New Orleans at age 46 and now reside in smalltown Minnesota.

Why am I interested in Arkansas? Well, my mom was born and raised in Newport and I spent a good deal of time there at my uncle's farm from the time I was born until he died in 2000. My family has an annual reunion in Cave City every year.

I'm also interested because a part of AR is in the Memphis metro.

Thanks Guys :)

I really like the Arkansas forum because the AR forumers are from everywhere around the state, and not concentrated in one city or one area. Just by looking at the 1st page in the forum, you get a brief wrap up of what's going on in all of Arkansas. I really like that.

Edited by NCB

This forum is really moving forward!

I wonder what the AR subforum(along with all of UP) will look like at this time next year...

I wouldn't be too surprised if eventually something like a Little Rock, or northwest Arkansas subforum might pop up. But honestly I have not problem the way it is now. I don't want to feel that I need to have some areas of the state seperate from the others. I guess I'd have a bigger concern of maybe some of our forumers might feel a bit overwhelmed by northwest Arkansas posts because we actually have a decent number of us now.