Little Rock's 300 3rd Tower

Thought I would post some of the plans for the 300 3rd Tower slated to begin construction in downtown LR this year.

3rd_rend.jpg

Moses Tucker Real Estate has plans to develop a 17 story luxury condo facility in downtown Little Rock. There will be over 100 units ranging in price of up to $1 million!

The building will be situated on the corner of Cumberland and 3rd Streets.

3rd_vicinity_plan.jpg

Here is the ground level plan.

3rd_ground_level_plan.jpg

Here are some elevation drawings...

3rd_north_elevation.jpg

3rd_east_elevation.jpg

It's good to know the skyline is stretching its way eastward. This will make a great addition to the skyline as folks pass by on I-30 crossing the bridge... as do the First Security Center and Axciom Tower. Your thoughts...

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks nice, I'm not real familiar with Little Rock. On the one map is that the Axciom Building just to the south of some of the interstate entrance/exit loops? Just trying to make sure I know where at looking at. Are there many condos in the Little Rock area? That's a big thing going on up here in northwest Arkansas. Fayetteville seems to be building condos all over the place, although nothing the size of this. But there is discussion of a pretty big condo complex going in on Beaver Lake east of Rogers. I've heard different plans. One is having five 25 story condos and the other is having seven 15 story condos.

Looks nice, I'm not real familiar with Little Rock.  On the one map is that the Axciom Building just to the south of some of the interstate entrance/exit loops?  Just trying to make sure I know where at looking at.  Are there many condos in the Little Rock area?  That's a big thing going on up here in northwest Arkansas.  Fayetteville seems to be building condos all over the place, although nothing the size of this.  But there is discussion of a pretty big condo complex going in on Beaver Lake east of Rogers.  I've heard different plans.  One is having five 25 story condos and the other is having seven 15 story condos.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That building just south of the "loop" is the Axciom headquarters. Just to the west of the loop is the First Security Center, which is a new 14-story mixed-use building with a bank, hotel, and condos all inside.

That building just south of the "loop" is the Axciom headquarters.  Just to the west of the loop is the First Security Center, which is a new 14-story mixed-use building with a bank, hotel, and condos all inside.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Okay thanks, that's what I was thinking but I'm not familiar enough with the area to be sure. But once again it's nice to see some action in the condo scene in Little Rock. I'm a big fan of them, it keeps people from living way out in the suburbs. Also helps cut down at least on some traffic and helps pick up density too.

After being in Philly for a few weeks, you really get an appreciation for density. There's a subway that runs through the college campus and city. There's so many people using sidewalks all around it, not just the core entertainment district (like the rivermarket).

The tower is a nice addition, although I wish we had some more ambitious projects.

After being in Philly for a few weeks, you really get an appreciation for density.  There's a subway that runs through the college campus and city.  There's so many people using sidewalks all around it, not just the core entertainment district (like the rivermarket).

The tower is a nice addition, although I wish we had some more ambitious projects.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I can understand wishing there were bigger projects going on. Hopefully this is just the start of more to come in the near future. A subway running through the college campus is an interesting idea. If the light rail project ever becomes reality it will be very close to the U of A.

That will be a very nice addition to downtown Little Rock. I really like the design, its one of the better ones I've seen of late. IMO alot of the newer small towers are too flashy with their exteriors and don't fit in very well with many downtowns they are built in.

That will be a very nice addition to downtown Little Rock. I really like the design, its one of the better ones I've seen of late. IMO alot of the newer small towers are too flashy with their exteriors and don't fit in very well with many downtowns they are built in.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You certainly have a point. I think especially in the world today there is more emphasis and being flahy and getting attention. But it is nice to have a nice overall plan where all the buildings fit well together.

After being in Philly for a few weeks, you really get an appreciation for density.  There's a subway that runs through the college campus and city.  There's so many people using sidewalks all around it, not just the core entertainment district (like the rivermarket).

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Condos in New Orleans started in Uptown as renovated and new 5-10 story buildings...and it exploded from there. In the last two months plans for an 850ft condo tower and a 950ft mixed-use tower have been released. So if condos work in L.R, after a few months you'l see bigger buildings and more ambitious projects coming your way.

Condos in New Orleans started in Uptown as renovated and new 5-10 story buildings...and it exploded from there. In the last two months plans for an 850ft condo tower and a 950ft mixed-use tower have been released. So if condos work in L.R, after a few months you'l see bigger buildings and more ambitious projects coming your way.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The condo market does seem to be exploding. Seems like I'm hearing about condos not just in our region but everywhere. I'm not sure if this has something to do with the way the housing market has been here lately or what.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think Little Rock is already in the second stage you're talking about. We've had a lot of success with urban living here already, and the the new projects, which keep coming, are getting bigger.

Besides 300 Third, here are some of the notable new residential projects in downtown.

First Security Center:

14 stories mixed-use building

$25 million

24 condominiums

The parking deck in the picture is new $6.5 million River Market Parking Deck.

dtp_int_photo_1stsecurity.jpg

Capital Commerce Center:

7 stories mixed-use building

$14 million

16 condominiums

ccc_backside.jpg

Commerc2.jpg

Rainwater Flats Condominiums:

$3.5 million

20 condominiums

trf_rend.jpg

Site plan:

trf_site.jpg

Argenta Square:

$5 million

56 apartments

This project provides downtown housing to a lower-income demographic. The area in which it

was constructed was formerly run-down lots and empty rental housing.

argentar_.jpg

Argenta Place:

mixed-use building

$11 million

28 condominiums

The picture of this is large, so I provided a link to it.

These are some of the new projects, but many more old downtown buildings have been renovated and turned into residential units as well.

Yes Arkansawyer your definately right, you guys are in the next stage! Now what Little Rock needs to do is find a way to draw alot of people to where the condos are being built(maybe they already have,please tell me what they are doing if that is the case) thats how the New Orleans condo market grew...people came to N.O. because of mardi gras or jazz fest or something of that sort and heard about the condos gowing up(which at the time were very cheap) and they must have thought "wow i would love to have a second home in New Orleans" because it EXPLODED within months of them being built...

So for L.R. to start to making some serious money off of condos, all they need to do is get people their to see them and see the city. If that happens, you will see more people and more money coming to the city..which is good :D

Yes Arkansawyer your definately right, you guys are in the next stage! Now what Little Rock needs to do is find a way to draw alot of people to where the condos are being built(maybe they already have,please tell me what they are doing if that is the case) thats how the New Orleans condo market grew...people came to N.O. because of mardi gras or jazz fest or something of that sort and heard about the condos gowing up(which at the time were very cheap) and  they must have thought "wow i would love to have a second home in New Orleans" because it EXPLODED within months of them being built...

So for L.R. to start to making some serious money off of condos, all they need to do is get people their to see them and see the city. If that happens, you will see more people and more money coming to the city..which is good :D

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The biggest event that anually draws visitors to downtown is RiverFest Arts & Music Festival, which attracted about 240,000 visitors this year. Also, the Statehouse Convention Center is in the heart of the most thriving area of downtown, so convention-goers can see the options.

The latest figure according to the Downtown Partnership puts the downtown population at over 10,000. I don't know if this includes North Little Rock or not. I should have mentioned that both projects with "Argenta" in their name are in North Little Rock. That was a former name of NLR.

New condos via renovations are also coming to the following locations... thanks to Tower Investments of CA.

Arkansas Building

3-story historic office building

Planned condo, office and retail conversion - to begin 2005

ArkansasBldgPhoto2.jpg

Boyle Building

12-story historic office building

Planned condo, office and retail conversion - to begin 2005

boyle.jpg

Historic YMCA Building

4-story downtown building- across street from Metro Bank Tower (40 stories)

Planned condo- office and retail conversion - to begin 2005

YMCA%20Artist%20Rendition%201.jpg

Interior Courtyard of YMCA

YMCA%20Artist%20Rendition%202.jpg

Lafayette Building

10-story historic office building

Planned condo, retail & office conversion - to begin 2005

lafayette.jpg

MM Cohn Building

5-story historic office building

Planned condo, retail & office conversion - to begin 2005

MMCohnBldgPhoto.jpg

It seems L.R. is really moving forward in the condo market...im glad to hear that. There isnt much of a negative side to a good condo market(unless it grows to quicky).

Is the downtown area growing in other ways,is there more business going on in Little Rock, i havent been there since '03 so i am just wondering what else is going on..

I really think this will really enhance Little Rock, and North Little Rock since there seem to be some there too. For quite a while it seemed all the growth was going on in all the surrounding counties. But there was very little or even negative growth in Little Rock and North Little Rock itself.

How quicky is the Little Rock area growing?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The city itself, at over 184,000 people, is growing at a much slower rate than the metropolitan area, a six county area at 636,636, the latest I saw. The CMSA, which includes the Pine Bluff metro was recently counted at 813,160. Pulaski County, the location of Little Rock is growing slowly, but the other counties in the MSA are booming.

The city itself, at over 184,000 people, is growing at a much slower rate than the metropolitan area, a six county area at 636,636, the latest I saw. The CMSA, which includes the Pine Bluff metro was recently counted at 813,160. Pulaski County, the location of Little Rock is growing slowly, but the other counties in the MSA are booming.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Great for the Little Rock area, glad to hear it is doing well.

When do they expect the CMSA to go over 1 million and when do they expect the normal metro to hit that mark?

Great for the Little Rock area, glad to hear it is doing well.

When do they expect the CMSA to go over 1 million and when do they expect the normal metro to hit that mark?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I haven't seen a projection, but I imagine we're at least a couple decades away from the CMSA reaching that mark. It probably wouldn't be very long after that before the MSA reached the million mark. That's because the Pine Bluff metro is doing very poorly, and the city is in fact shrinking. On the other hand, I've seen a projection that places Conway, in Faulkner County, and currently over 50,000, well over 100,000 in a few decades.

I haven't seen a projection, but I imagine we're at least a couple decades away from the CMSA reaching that mark. It probably wouldn't be very long after that before the MSA reached the million mark. That's because the Pine Bluff metro is doing very poorly, and the city is in fact shrinking. On the other hand, I've seen a projection that places Conway, in Faulkner County, and currently over 50,000, well over 100,000 in a few decades.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah I don't know if the CMSA will be doing much compared to the MSA. Although it seems Pine Bluff has slowed the population lose, but I also doubt they'll be doing much growing either. But yes outside of Jefferson County, where Pine Bluff is, all the surrounding counties have been doing very well. But I don't think Pulaski County has fared so well recently. Little Rock's population growth has been slow and I believe North Little Rock lost population in the last census. But I'm hoping this upcoming condo market can help change that. It would seem to me to be rather nice to be able to live closely to where many of the Little Rock attractions are. maybe Pulaski County can hold off Benton County for a while.

Archived