Little Rock's 300 3rd Tower

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fox 16 has a streaming video of this project. It also talks about Lafayette Square.

Project Renaissance

Interesting story. Fayetteville could use a gourmet food store around our Square area. I think the Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan even mentions something along the same lines. For that matter we could use one anywhere in this are since the Market at Pinnacle Hills is closed now.

Interesting story. Fayetteville could use a gourmet food store around our Square area. I think the Fayetteville Downtown Master Plan even mentions something along the same lines. For that matter we could use one anywhere in this are since the Market at Pinnacle Hills is closed now.

That was really a shame when the Market closed down. My brother had a job there, an then got layed off there. I'm pretty sure they want to put another gourmet grocery store in, but planning is still occuring.

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I do like that style. I also don't think it takes away too much from the surrounding area. For those of us not very familiar with Little Rock, does anyone have anymore info on this part of the city? I take it, it's an old historical part of town.

I'm not sure exactly what it is, but I do like that style. I also don't think it takes away too much from the surrounding area. For those of us not very familiar with Little Rock, does anyone have anymore info on this part of the city? I take it, it's an old historical part of town.

It is only a block away from the River Market. There are no other buildings of this type in the area. One of the buildings was where the Arkansas Gazette was printed in the 1820's. I think it is interesting that the oldest buildings in LR are across the street from the 300 3rd Tower. Also, I find it interesting the Arkansas Territorial Restoration people did not object to the building of the Tower.

It is only a block away from the River Market. There are no other buildings of this type in the area. One of the buildings was where the Arkansas Gazette was printed in the 1820's. I think it is interesting that the oldest buildings in LR are across the street from the 300 3rd Tower. Also, I find it interesting the Arkansas Territorial Restoration people did not object to the building of the Tower.

The Arkansas Territorial Renovation changed its name to the Historic Arkansas Museum a few years ago after the new building was constructed. It took me some time to get used to it.

I'm thinking that the people at the museum have got to be loving all the surrounding development. Just a few years ago, that was an area around which no one wanted to walk. The tower should greatly increase foot traffic in the area.

This got me to wondering about what the oldest buiding in the state is. Does anyone here know? I know that the oldest building in Little Rock is one of the ones at the Historic Arkansas Museum.

The Arkansas Territorial Renovation changed its name to the Historic Arkansas Museum a few years ago after the new building was constructed. It took me some time to get used to it.

I'm thinking that the people at the museum have got to be loving all the surrounding development. Just a few years ago, that was an area around which no one wanted to walk. The tower should greatly increase foot traffic in the area.

This got me to wondering about what the oldest buiding in the state is. Does anyone here know? I know that the oldest building in Little Rock is one of the ones at the Historic Arkansas Museum.

The Hindliter Grog Shop (part of the old Territorial Restoration) is the oldest building left in Little Rock, circa 1825. Old Washington State Park's village dates back to 1832. My guess would be the oldest building is in Helena or Arkansas City as these are older towns but a lot of stuff that was there isn't there anymore.

Thanks agian Skirby! What a great addition to downtown! It will create an awesome entry-point for those entering downtown LR via I-30. Taking the ramp, you will see the new First Security Center and Downtown Library on your right and 300 3rd on your left... with the skyline right in front of your face! Love it!

Very nice pics of the progress at the site. I esp. though like the skyline shot at the end, it a different view then I have seen before.

Thanks. The last picture was taken from the 4th floor of the River Market parking deck. Parking decks are great places to view cities. One of my favorite is to look down on AutoZone Park, during a game, in Memphis from the parking deck above left field.

• 2 weeks later...

wow this tower is really going to change LR's skyline...its going to fill it in so much better..i cant wait to see it when its finished.

I agree about filling in the skyline. Little Rock already has a tall skyline for a city of its size. Adding buildings of this size to fill in spaces downtown will make it more vibrant, as well as increase the density.

Welcome to the forum, Russ-Vegas. I take it you're from Russellville. It's is a very scenic town. I love driving by Lake Dardanelle on I-40.

I agree about filling in the skyline. Little Rock already has a tall skyline for a city of its size. Adding buildings of this size to fill in spaces downtown will make it more vibrant, as well as increase the density.

Welcome to the forum, Russ-Vegas. I take it you're from Russellville. It's is a very scenic town. I love driving by Lake Dardanelle on I-40.

I love Russellville. If I wanted to live in a 20-30k-ish city there would be nowhere else to look. Classy downtown with hills and a beautiful lake, plenty of history but still growing.

Archived