Little Rock's 300 3rd Tower

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

By the way...talked to the architect, Rick Redden the other day. He confirmed that another story had been added to the project (previously reported in the paper), bringing the total to 18 floors.

Do you know if its height changed or is it still 218 ft? When the plans first came out with 17 floors was it not 218 ft. high?

• 2 weeks later...

Nice pics skirby. River Market parking deck, I'll have to keep that in mind next time I'm down there. If I can find it that is. :D

The deck is at 2nd and Commerce. Even if you don't park in it the stairs at the corner of 2nd and Commerce will take you to the top. It has some of the best views of the city but I think some it will be blocked when the 300 3rd Tower gets higher.

The deck is at 2nd and Commerce. Even if you don't park in it the stairs at the corner of 2nd and Commerce will take you to the top. It has some of the best views of the city but I think some it will be blocked when the 300 3rd Tower gets higher.

Yeah looks like I should have found it beforehand. But still looks like a place I should check out for pics next time I'm down there.

• 3 weeks later...

I forgot to tell all that I was in Little Rock last week and walked by 300 3rd. It looked like may'be 5 or 6 floors was finshed, but I got to say, that Tower is going to look great there, excellent Urban Infill.

It's really going to augment the skyline well because of its location in the eastern part of the River Market area.

• 3 weeks later...

Great pictures of 300 Third Tower. My wife and I just bought a condo in the building. We don't live in Arkansas and it's nice to see updated pictures of the building's progress. Recently, the developer opted to change the indoor swimming pool on the ground floor to an outdoor pool. Apparently, several residents had expressed the desire to have an outdoor pool and the developer agreed feeling that it would allow them to expand the size of the gym and add an open-air dining area. Anyhow, thanks to Skirby for all the great pictures.

Scott

Great pictures of 300 Third Tower. My wife and I just bought a condo in the building. We don't live in Arkansas and it's nice to see updated pictures of the building's progress. Recently, the developer opted to change the indoor swimming pool on the ground floor to an outdoor pool. Apparently, several residents had expressed the desire to have an outdoor pool and the developer agreed feeling that it would allow them to expand the size of the gym and add an open-air dining area. Anyhow, thanks to Skirby for all the great pictures.

Scott

Welcome to the forum Scott, nice to hear from you. We hope that since you'll be owning a condo there that maybe you could keep us up to date on any news you have like you already provided. :D

Scott

If you don't mind, where are you from?.....and why come to AR?

If you don't mind, where are you from?.....and why come to AR?

Actually we both grew up in Arkansas. I graduated Jacksonville High School in the mid 80's and my wife comes from SW Arkansas. I'm in the military, and my wife and I visit LR fairly regularly. Right now, we live in Florida. We'd never really considered living/retiring in LR, but last year we were staying downtown and noticed the 300 Third construction site. Anyhow, it peaked our interest in the downtown area and since the place comes with such great amenities, we figured it'd be a great investment purchase. We've read several articles that highlight LR's downtown revitalization and thought now would be a great time to purchase in the area. Compared to similar properties in other downtown cities, LR is undervalued and given the location next to the River Market, Clinton Library, Heifer International, etc., we just didn't want to pass-up the opportunity.

Scott

Great. Yeah, Little Rock is experiencing quite a boom right now. I just hope that development doesn't slow any time soon.

I'm interested to see what will become of the Arkla building. Development will have to shift from the River Market District proper to nearby areas as there's less and less redevelopable properties.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived