Grandville Avenue Developments

GRDadof3

Everyone that can go to this should go. It's not very often that you get an opportunity to see an urban renewal project under construction if you don't work for a developer.

BTW: Can we possibly make it 12:30? I may be a little late :blush:

Besides, free food!

I will be there, eric I'll drop ya an email. I'm bringing my fiance, she wants to see it too! :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Note to everyone, urban RENEWAL is a bad word that we don't use anymore.

Thank You!

Haha, fair enough. How about urban revitalization?

Welcome to the forum, GRWalker. Just don't get us all started about how much we loved the urban planning of the 60's... ^_^

Does anyone who is going to this have a digital camera? I just found out I can't make it :angry: I would be more than happy to host the pictures if you get any. I am peaved that I won't get to see the views and work going on!

Oh rats, I forgot mine at home. Sorry to hear you cant make it grDad :(

Well I must say that Terra Firma's building is looking pretty sweet. Twoshort got some pics, too ;)

Maybe we can talk Eric into including this stop on our GR Meet-Up :whistling: for those of us who couldn't make it (and I'm sure you guys wouldn't mind going through again.

What I think a lot of us don't realize, myself included, is the amount of work that goes into rehabbing one of these buildings. And not just the actual physical work, but the code updates, the marketing to prospective clients, and the beaurocracy that has to be gone through to get any of the financial incentives offered by the city/state/federal government.

It is a real testament to these developers that they are willing to do such a difficult project, when it would be much easier to just do another development in the burbs. Thanks for the tour, Eric, it looks like you have another quality project on your hands.

Here we go, sorry I'm a terrible photographer:

Main Floor looking northeast:

DSC00001%20(Custom).JPG

Main Floor looking southeast:

DSC00002%20(Custom).JPG

Garage/Fright elevator:

DSC00003%20(Custom).JPG

Top floor:

DSC00004edit.jpg

Top floor future apartment:

DSC00008%20(Custom).JPG

More top floor

DSC00009%20(Custom).JPG

Top floor looking southwest. I think.

DSC00012%20(Custom).JPG

View from top floor looking northeast:

DSC00005%20(Custom).JPG

View from top floor looking southeast:

DSC00006%20(Custom).JPG

Looking northeast again:

DSC00007edit.jpg

View from top floor looking northwest:

DSC00010%20(Custom).JPG

View from top floor looking southwest:

DSC00011%20(Custom).JPG

I did get a verbal reprimand. She said next time she was going to "write me up" ! :(

:P

The place looks awesome, and the views are better than I expected! I wonder if there is a way to get to GVSU without going down to Fulton and across the river? Other than that railroad bridge over to Front Street :)

Great photos, twoshort! Those wood floors on the top floor look NICE!!!

I wonder if there is a way to get to GVSU without going down to Fulton and across the river?

I think the next bridge for pedestrians is the one on Wealthy, but I'm not positive.

Thank you Eric, twoshort and everyone else for the pics!

I did get a verbal reprimand. She said next time she was going to "write me up" ! :(

:P

The place looks awesome, and the views are better than I expected! I wonder if there is a way to get to GVSU without going down to Fulton and across the river? Other than that railroad bridge over to Front Street :)

Great photos, twoshort! Those wood floors on the top floor look NICE!!!

Yeah, I take it the flooring on some of the floors has been refinished already? Man that looks really nice, can't wait to see what all exactly becomes of the spaces as far as the apts. go..

I just want to thank Eric for showing us around. My pictures suck, the place is really cool. It's not every day you get to see a building in that state of restoration. The sandblasted ceilings are so cool. The view was incredible, the pictures can't show it. It's not an angle you get to see very often. I am impressed on how well my camera acted through the glass. I'm hoping once the rooftop deck is done we're all invited back ;) .

Eric and Terra Firma really have everything in order for this project. I can see this being a HUGE hit with GVSU kids. Well done.

Yeah, I take it the flooring on some of the floors has been refinished already? Man that looks really nice, can't wait to see what all exactly becomes of the spaces as far as the apts. go..

The floors have been refinished on the top floor.. very shiny, and a light natural color. SOO cool.

Archived