Millenia Parc

Jaybee

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Millenia Parc-- this isn't the same Millenia mixed use 11 or so story residential project with streetside retail bldgs posted a couple of weeks ago, is it?

If its not, then these Forbes Co. guys are really developing the hec out of that property-- which is good.

ps, that site for Millenia Parc is being cleared as we speak- as of this past weekend. And I was wondering what they were planning to build there as I drove by...

Millenia Parc-- this isn't the same Millenia mixed use 11 or so story residential project with streetside retail bldgs posted a couple of weeks ago, is it?

If its not, then these Forbes Co. guys are really developing the hec out of that property-- which is good. 

ps, that site for Millenia Parc is being cleared as we speak- as of this past weekend.  And I was wondering what they were planning to build there as I drove by...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Actually, the land that's currently being cleared is for an apartment complex being developed by the same developers of The Tradition -- the existing apartment complex adjacent to the newly cleared land to the south. Incidentally, this new complex may just wind up being opened as condos -- go figure -- by the time they're ready for occupancy.

The land clearing and construction immediately behind DeVry is for the new office condos -- Belle Terre.

From what I understand, Millenia Parc is going in -- as Jaybee said -- at the southwest corner of JYP and Millenia. And, in between this development and the new apartments, a luxury townhome community developed by Centex is slated.

So is Millenia Parc going right on the corner and the apt. complex further in from the intersection? b/c the clearing is the SW corner of the intersection.

Man, those 4 11-story bldgs just sw of Bloomie's is going to be awesome. Millenia will be quite the urban center when those are done.

What's the status on those 4 bldgs? When are they to break ground?

I really like the way the Millenia area is coming together because IMO it marks the entry way into the "real" Orlando. I remember living in the area a few years back when there was nothing there but empty grass lots. Now as you approach that area on I-4 eastbound, it's fairly impressive to see the downtown skyline over the Conroy overpass illuminated "Orlando" sign. These new mid-rise and high-rise develpments will really add to that side of the city.

• 2 weeks later...

Hopefully, this will help to illustrate. Enjoy!  :)

millenia.jpg

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Thought I would add that within the last few days, a sign has been posted at the parcel marked in yellow as "currently vacant, no known plans"... The sign states that yet another townhome development is coming, this one by Morrison Homes.

I was just thinking... Seeing in another thread that's gotten to 115 pages -- and the resulting dismay by other users over having to read through that much info -- perhaps it would be user-friendly to categorize topics by submarket (i.e. Downtown, Altamonte, Millenia, LBV, I-Drive, etc.) rather than by the broader "Downtown" and "Everything Else" categories. i.e. Florida > Metro Orlando > Millenia > Millenia Parc.

Make sense?

I don't know...just a thought.

• 1 month later...

That's what I was thinking. Isn't this getting a little close to the jail? To the point where it would at least be part of your view? :o

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was thinking the SAME thing. How bad do you feel for the "suckers" who get stuck in that hotel that backs up to I-4 and the Jail (not to mention it's surrounded by bailbond brokers)? Bum deal by all accounts!

That location isn't right for this building. Maybe the other end of Millenia, perhaps, but not the JYP end. Traffic sucks there, plus it's just not a "good" area... I dunno, I HOPE they build this and it helps the area, but I'm skeptical. :unsure:

Archived