Millenia Parc

Jaybee

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Millenia area looks like it could hold a lot of promise for more upscale types of residential/ retail development, but why did they allow retailers like Target and Krispy Kreme to settle in the area?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

A while ago there was an article in tne Sentinel regarding Orlando general income and retail. The majority of income in Orlando are in the middle-middle to upper-middle range, yet show that they still prefer to shop at Super Target etc. There was even a quote that Orlandoans are 'Super Target' kind of people or something like that.

Even if Millenia is a upscale development, Kripsy Kreme and Super Target aren't necessarily bad for the area. They are across Conroy where the retailers there aren't as "upscale" as those in Millenia or the out parcels on that side. Even the dollar store inside the mall is nicer that most. (Just kidding about that one).

If only that IKEA rumor had been true.

In all actuality that area still has some crime problems. A few of the stores in that area have been robbed/held up already. So be careful when there late at night.

• 10 months later...

Wow, that is the first I have seen of the developer's conceptual rendering of the mid rise. I just bought a Centex townhome at Millenia Parc and i'm excited:) I can walk to the shops and to the restaurant. Great area to invest. I hear there is talk of putting in an elementary school across the street on Millenia Blvd. And a firestation. You can't go wrong being down the street from the Mall of Millenia...

Wow, that is the first I have seen of the developer's conceptual rendering of the mid rise. I just bought a Centex townhome at Millenia Parc and i'm excited:) I can walk to the shops and to the restaurant. Great area to invest. I hear there is talk of putting in an elementary school across the street on Millenia Blvd. And a firestation. You can't go wrong being down the street from the Mall of Millenia...

welcome to the forum. you also can't go wrong being near a fire station, ala power outages and all.

Actually, the fire station is going in on the side of Millenia Blvd. WITH the townhomes and the apartments that are currently under construction -- right between the entrances to each development along Millenia Blvd. I haven't heard about the school.

And just down Millenia Blvd. on the backside of BJ's, Home Depot, etc., on the vacant pasture land, is where Lincoln is due to be developing a town center of sorts, a la Winter Park Village, with condos, apartments, shops and a movie theater.

Where are you talking and that sound extremly exiciting having that come there? Where is the school? That is very unique to have ala Winter Park Village and then a school don't you think?

quote name='i_cre8' date='Aug 14 2006, 07:44 AM' post='525856']

Actually, the fire station is going in on the side of Millenia Blvd. WITH the townhomes and the apartments that are currently under construction -- right between the entrances to each development along Millenia Blvd. I haven't heard about the school.

And just down Millenia Blvd. on the backside of BJ's, Home Depot, etc., on the vacant pasture land, is where Lincoln is due to be developing a town center of sorts, a la Winter Park Village, with condos, apartments, shops and a movie theater.

Where are you talking and that sound extremly exiciting having that come there? Where is the school? That is very unique to have ala Winter Park Village and then a school don't you think?

quote name='i_cre8' date='Aug 14 2006, 07:44 AM' post='525856']

Wow. Hopefully more like WPV than say, The Loop. The Loop is okay, it's just too spread out. How about a "town center of sorts" with a little reserved space for future public transit ;^)

What's your opinion of a town center here everyone?

I say keep the new development coming. This area is plagued by low income housing, but the location is great. You are right next to I-4 and less than 10 minutes from downtown. You are right next to the nicest mall in Orlando and the attractions are around the corner. You are just down the road from Bayhill, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, and Metrowest. Once this developement is done there will be 3 20-screen theaters and one 12-screen all within 5 minutes of eachother. I've lived in this area 5 years and still haven't been to all the restaurants in the area.

... You are right next to the nicest mall in Orlando and the attractions are around the corner. You are just down the road from Bayhill, Windermere, Dr. Phillips, and Metrowest. Once this developement is done there will be 3 20-screen theaters and one 12-screen all within 5 minutes of eachother. I've lived in this area 5 years and still haven't been to all the restaurants in the area.

And don't forget CityMark.

• 3 months later...

Not quite applicable to Millenia Parc, per se, but related to Millenia Gardens, just down the street from Parc, and a part of the whole transformation of that stretch of Millenia Blvd. between Conroy and JYP.

MPB-Millenia Gardens 10/17

And, regarding Millenia Gardens' agreement with the City over transportation improvements in the Millenia area:

Millenia Gardens transportation imp-City Council

And on a note related to the Millenia area, here's info on the Mission Road extension, 1/2 mile west of I-4:

Mission Road-City Council 11/13

I apologize if this is slightly off-topic.

Not quite applicable to Millenia Parc, per se, but related to Millenia Gardens, just down the street from Parc, and a part of the whole transformation of that stretch of Millenia Blvd. between Conroy and JYP.

MPB-Millenia Gardens 10/17

And, regarding Millenia Gardens' agreement with the City over transportation improvements in the Millenia area:

Millenia Gardens transportation imp-City Council

And on a note related to the Millenia area, here's info on the Mission Road extension, 1/2 mile west of I-4:

Mission Road-City Council 11/13

I apologize if this is slightly off-topic.

• 7 months later...

I just placed earnest money down on the new Fountains of Millenia project going up Millenia Blvd & Oakridge. There seems to be alot of activity in regards to construction of both residential and commercial in the area which is a positive sign. I was very leery about the area just east of us...seems very sketchy. Does anyone have updates on City mark, Millenia Parc, The Gardens, etc, announced for this area?

Archived