2 Big Condo Projects Fade Away

bobliocatt

At least two of Tampa's downtown condominium projects have been shelved, perhaps an early warning that the number of proposals may be ahead of demand.

On Wednesday, Crescent Heights, developer of a 27-story complex planned for the Channel District, confirmed that it is looking for a buyer. Also, the developer of the Seasons Residences has reached an agreement to sell its property without building the 51- story complex, although it's unclear what the new owner would do with the property.

http://www.tampatrib.com/MGB5Z0QDOBE.html

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No huge surprise here as there was very little press after their initial proposals. I agree that this could possibly by a sign of things to come, especially since downtown Tampa (unlike St.Pete) doesn't have the infrastructure in place to adequately handle a large downtown population. This will change though. Also, I have a friend for the city and I'm being told that Trump should break ground in September....we'll see.

Five years ago, it seemed that every project announced with much fanfare for downtown Tampa eventually fell by the wayside.

At least today we are seeing tangible results:

- Channelside 212, Victory Lofts, One Bayshore, ParkCrest and Art Center Lofts have all been constructed within the past 18 or so months.

- The Meridian, 1000 Channelside, the Arlington and Residences of Franklin St. are all well underway.

- SkyPoint, Grand Central and Ventana have broken ground.

- There is visible preparation work taking place at Trump Tower Tampa and The Towers of Channelside.

- Just around the corner: the Place, the Plaza at Harbour Island, and O2.

I'm sure we will see more announced projects die on the vine, but yet more will grow and prosper. I'm not too concerned about downtown fizzling out just yet.

That's a shame about the 4 seasons.  Would have looked good on the skyline.  That was to be the tallest, or was that the Trump?  I wouldn't be too worried.  Hopefully other developers can step up with projects just as nice.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

it never made it past the rendering and rezoning. If you don't see sales and floor plans, that's a good sign it's not gonna happen.

No worry. And not surprising on Four Seasons. Other proposals will fill the void.

I thought Trump had already broken ground though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No. You see workers there doing pre-construction work, but the actual ground breaking has not begun yet. I have to bring up this point/questions and this is only speculation.....Does anybody think that Ashley will be closed when construction on TTT gets rockin? Or made one-way? Southbound onto Brorein only? Because it's so huge, will it take more than one crane? Is the river walk portion behind TTT more of the city to build or TTT?

Archived