Six Star hotel planned for Alpharetta/Atlanta

Lady Celeste

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm glad you corrected the title by stating it was 'Alpharetta/Atlanta' & not simply 'Atlanta' as most have stated. I admit I'm not too intrigued by the development, especially the idea of someone deciding they would be a 6 star hotel.

WOW! Have they mentioned how high the hotel will be, if that? I would've picked a more "secure" location, because how many people really travel through Alpharetta or wanna stay there and drive in to the city? I guess someone does. Have you heard about that new hotel gin in at Atlantic Station, I think it's called "The 12."

I would've picked a more "secure" location, because how many people really travel through Alpharetta or wanna stay there and drive in to the city?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

More than you probably think. Alpharetta hotels tend to have a high occupancy rate. But many of the people do plan to stay within the Alpharetta area for the most part.

WOW! Have they mentioned how high the hotel will be, if that? I would've picked a more "secure" location, because how many people really travel through Alpharetta or wanna stay there and drive in to the city? I guess someone does. Have you heard about that new hotel gin in at Atlantic Station, I think it's called "The 12."

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Girly beat me to the response, lol.

Also Cosmoboy Alpharetta is home to divisions of MCI, Sun Microsystems, Etrade and other companies.

Here is a rendering of the hotel:

image_1760542.jpg

I have heard of the new hotel in the Atlantic Station. It will be combined with a condo development that I think was recently topped off.

twelve_atlantic.jpg

I'm glad you corrected the title by stating it was 'Alpharetta/Atlanta' & not simply 'Atlanta' as most have stated.  I admit I'm not too intrigued by the development, especially the idea of someone deciding they would be a 6 star hotel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Interesting comment Teshadoh.....

I also was struck by the moniker "Six Star." I have stayed at a five star establishment before....the Ritz, Four Seasons and the Intercontinental.....and I don't know how much more service you can get to qualify for six stars.....a designation I had never heard before.

This new hotel will throw in an additonal choice for "Sweet 16" birthday parties though. :)

Interesting comment Teshadoh.....

I also was struck by the moniker "Six Star." I have stayed at a five star establishment before....the Ritz, Four Seasons and the Intercontinental.....and I don't know how much more service you can get to qualify for six stars.....a designation I had never heard before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The Burj al-Arab in Dubai is the world's only seven star hotel.

This new hotel will throw in an additonal choice for "Sweet 16" birthday parties though.  :)

Crap, I turned 16 a couple weeks ago...why couldn't they have had it built by then. :P

You are right Ironchapman, I have heard about that hotel.....I wonder what do they do for you to get seven stars. Do you get pedicures in your suite as oppsed to going to the amenities area. Is that the hotel where Tiger Woods stay when he is in town. It's the one that is the work of art right?

Also, Iron, you should have had at at the Four Seasons......that's where my daughter will have hers....there or the Grand Hyatt. I have a couple of more years to get all the kinks out though.

I wonder what do they do for you to get seven stars.

You charlge a lot more money for a room ;)

There is a lot of money that is being spent in Dubai - it is the world's wild west boom town, my wife's uncle is making insane amounts of money there & has stayed at that hotel before.

You charlge a lot more money for a room ;)

There is a lot of money that is being spent in Dubai - it is the world's wild west boom town, my wife's uncle is making insane amounts of money there & has stayed at that hotel before.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I heard they charge anywhere from 2-10 thousand a night there.

Archived