Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

Union County Schools Started Today

Thats Good. I think they need to keep the kiddies in school year round until they are 18. And give them a bunch of homework to do at night so they won't be logging in here.

heh, that's why it has been nearly silent today.

Thats Good. I think they need to keep the kiddies in school year round until they are 18. And give them a bunch of homework to do at night so they won't be logging in here.

No breaks longer then 4 days either :)

Thats Good.  I think they need to keep the kiddies in school year round until they are 18.  And give them a bunch of homework to do at night so they won't be logging in here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I thought the General Assembly passed a bill that would make schools start after the last week of Auguast and not before the 2nd week of September.

Thats Good.  I think they need to keep the kiddies in school year round until they are 18.  And give them a bunch of homework to do at night so they won't be logging in here.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

U, u, U, U joking right?

Actually some of my cousins in NJ have summer homework! That is pure ridiculousness!! At least we only have a couple of books to read for summer reading. Union is going back so early because they got out in early May. Meck got out in early June and we don't go back until 8/25, which is a Thursday.

Actually some of my cousins in NJ have summer homework!  That is pure ridiculousness!!  At least we only have a couple of books to read for summer reading.  Union is going back so early because they got out in early May.  Meck got out in early June and we don't go back until 8/25, which is a Thursday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Glad i'm not up there anymore. But yet again i'm in college, so I don't have to be on monsoon's crap list. :lol: Just kidding!

Actually some of my cousins in NJ have summer homework!  That is pure ridiculousness!!  At least we only have a couple of books to read for summer reading.  Union is going back so early because they got out in early May.  Meck got out in early June and we don't go back until 8/25, which is a Thursday.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think it is ridiculous at all. The kids getting out of school today are some of the most ignorant seen since before WWII. This despite having access to more information than any other generation in history. They can't do simple math, don't understand basic science and physics, and amazingly, don't even know the name of the capital city of the United States. (but they can tell you who won American Idol) It's a sad state of affairs and unfortunately we at UrbanPlanet become babysitters for this bored youth.

I don't think it is ridiculous at all.  The kids getting out of school today are some of the most ignorant seen since before WWII.  This despite having access to more information than any other generation in history.  They can't do simple math, don't understand basic science and physics, and amazingly, don't even know the name of the capital city of the United States.  (but they can tell you who won American Idol)  It's a sad state of affairs and unfortunately we at UrbanPlanet become babysitters for this bored youth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Really? Hmm, I don't know anyone like that, then again I go to Providence. School is getting more and more competitive, not less and less.

I don't think it is ridiculous at all.  The kids getting out of school today are some of the most ignorant seen since before WWII.  This despite having access to more information than any other generation in history.  They can't do simple math, don't understand basic science and physics, and amazingly, don't even know the name of the capital city of the United States.  (but they can tell you who won American Idol)  It's a sad state of affairs and unfortunately we at UrbanPlanet become babysitters for this bored youth.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Maybe you should think about raising the age limit? But yet again there are some "kids" who don't even read that requirement.

Maybe you should think about raising the age limit? But yet again there are some "kids" who don't even read that requirement.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

There are plenty of sites like this that welcome teeny bopper nonsense. We are a site for adults and don't have the time for that but will tolerate teenagers if they are inclined to show just a little maturity. I have suggested from time to time that we ban anyone under 21, but I have such a soft heart and a head to match that haven't really pushed for such a ban. Unfortunately we've been burned by this many times.

Really?  Hmm, I don't know anyone like that, then again I go to Providence.  School is getting more and more competitive, not less and less.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Heh, I just received long diatribe from you where you blast CMS for wasting money on non-caring students and disadvantaged youth, especially at Providence. You implied it was hopeless to teach kids there. Either you where making it up in that PM or here on this post. Thanks for proving my point about the nonsense part.

Heh,  I just received long diatribe from you where you blast CMS for wasting money on non-caring students and disadvantaged youth, especially at Providence. You implied it was hopeless to teach kids there.  Either you where making it up in that PM or here on this post.  Thanks for proving my point about the nonsense part.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Evidently you didn't fully read my PM or comprehend what I was saying. I blasted CMS for spending money on things such as several thousand dollar wireless internet laptops that do absolutely nothing for a child's education. This is wasteful spending. CMS would do much better to raise teachers' salaries to hire better qualified teachers to help the "less fortunate" students, as you like to say, become better educated and become successful in today's business world. And never did I say that especially at Providence there are "less fortunate" youth. Providence is one of the best schools in the state, and it's scores certainly prove it. Sure, some kids just don't care about school, but I truly do not believe spending more money on their educations will make them do any better. However, the majority of my fellow students realize that it is important to do well in school, and this is reflected in their grades and test scores. On my prior post I said I really didn't know anyone who didn't read on their grade level or know the nation's capital. I can see your point, if you're talking about "less fortunate" elementary school students, however that comment was a bit extreme and really does not apply to the everyday modern student. Again, I ask that you please fully read my posts/PMs and stop making false inferences.

Dont forget that these "kids" will be the ones pushing you around in a wheelchair at the oldfolks home one day.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yeah unfortunately that will be the only job they are qualified to do.