Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DigitalSky

WTVD has a new look on their site

I guess its improved over the old site...I only visted it a couple times. WRAL is still my channel of choice for pretty much all the local news, on TV and the Internet.

Ill give WTVD credit, their website has IMPROVED a lot! Now if they can bring Miriam Thomas and Bill Reh, there back in business but thats another story.

Good to hear they updated the site. Now if they could just get their signal to reach me in Virginia better, we'd be set. :)

Still comes in better than WRAL though.

Good to hear they updated the site.  Now if they could just get their signal to reach me in Virginia better, we'd be set. :)

Still comes in better than WRAL though.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

How d you det WTVD all the way out there in southwest virginia? :blink:

How d you det WTVD all the way out there in southwest virginia? :blink:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm in the southern foothills of Southwest Virginia, Franklin County to be exact. We ued to live farther south in the county when I was little and the Greensboro and Raleigh stations came in almost as well as the Roanoke ones. I grew up on , WRAL, WUNC and WTVD.

When I moved to where I am now, I had a great rooftop aentenna that could still pick up stuff pretty well. WRAL, WUNC and WTVD got weaker, but I still got the Triad stations.

That antenna got screwed up and I'm cheap and scared of heights :rolleyes: so now I use rabbit ears. I can still get WTVD, WFMY, WGHP and WXII, albeit fuzzily.

I've been to Franklin County...is that where Stuart is? That's a cute little town, I 1st went to it before the bypass was built around it, I hope the town isn't hurting b/c of it...I can't imagine picking up Triangle stations out there though :-p

I've been to Franklin County...is that where Stuart is?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Stuart's in Patrick County. Franklin County is one county over to the northeast. I'm right outside Rocky Mount.

The signal for Roanoke TV and radio stsions usually carries into parts of North Carolina, except when there's stations on the same frequency like Rock 92 and K92. For some isolated portions of southern Virginia, that may not be the case.