Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

Either way, I thought the article was confusing and not very well written, and I hope she's totally wrong and you're right and this is a done deal :wacko:

It's on the front page of the GRBJ site.. sure looks like it a go: http://www.grbj.com

Also an article from the LSJ: http://www.lsj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?A...20/1086/opinion

I was just going to comment on Nancy Crawley's article in the Press this weekend. I'm not sure what she's trying to do, but she again suggests that GR is stealing the med school from Lansing. The sub headline of her story is 'much work remains to be done' implying that all the details that still need to be worked out are going to be difficult to conclude. I'm not sure if she was trying to contrast the view that this was already a done deal which the Press earlier in the week seemed to imply, or if she was trying to stir up some controversy. Either way, I thought the article was confusing and not very well written, and I hope she's totally wrong and you're right and this is a done deal :wacko:

Hmmm, has anyone ever seen Nancy Crawley and Carol Valade in the same place at the same time? They both write in the same cryptic manner. Could they be one in the same person? The intrigue. :ph34r:

• 2 weeks later...

That service road is now paved. Anyone see the MASSIVE retaining walls they have built along the Eastern edge of the property now? :blink: And they keep chipping way at the earth around the bottom of the Towers Building. Are we going to see exposed basement walls there? Kind of like Andy and allbusiness, having that scraping and grinding sound all day must do wonders for your mood :angry:

That service road is now paved. Anyone see the MASSIVE retaining walls they have built along the Eastern edge of the property now? :blink: And they keep chipping way at the earth around the bottom of the Towers Building. Are we going to see exposed basement walls there? Kind of like Andy and allbusiness, having that scraping and grinding sound all day must do wonders for your mood :angry:

Actually it hasnt been too bad the last couple days now that the digging has moved toward Bond St. At least the building isn't shaking (yet)! :unsure:

I was at the Towers Building today and all I can say is thank goodness that thing will be coming down. What a dump!!! I hadn't been in there for around 20 years. Time has taken its toll for sure. Parking structure bid today which includes all of the infrastructure for the Cancer pavillion and medical towers which will be bid at a later date. Construction to start in January!

I was at the Towers Building today and all I can say is thank goodness that thing will be coming down. What a dump!!! I hadn't been in there for around 20 years. Time has taken its toll for sure. Parking structure bid today which includes all of the infrastructure for the Cancer pavillion and medical towers which will be bid at a later date. Construction to start in January!

Thanks for the update chgrnative! They can't pulverize that place fast enough if you ask me:

FrankLeu_4.jpg

I wonder if his point of ideology playing a role in hurting our chances as a leader in this industry is valid...

It might if there is a call to raise local public funds for something related to biosciences or embryonic stem cell research, but as far as the local workforce, most of the people who work at VAI are not from here, and I would guess that will hold true for the expanded research at Spectrum and the Med School. Most of these people are the elite in their studies, and are generally from ivy league schools or from overseas.

Ben is the "resident cynic" of GR. Just read some of his past articles, or go see him when he gives one of his "lectures" at GVSU.

Ben Rudolph was/is an excellent prof. I had him for a few courses. He tells things just the way he sees them albeit bluntly. In some respects one must agree with him, we are doing the same thing as every other midsize city trying to reinvent themselves by going into health sciences. unlike him I believe we may come out as the victor.

^You believe that because its your city? Seriously, the only thing I think he neglects to mention is the fact that GR has a VERY HIGH concentration of this industry making communication between the professionals on the hill more effecient. This has to count for something if two scientists have to exchange test specimens (or anything time sensitive) via hand exchange, which seems a lot quicker walking across the street rather then sending it through the mail, or carrier.