Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

Thanks for the info designcritic! Not knowing what a linear accelerator was, I looked it up:

Linear Particle Accelerator

Are there any others like this in West Michigan? I see in a google search it looks like there are ones at MSU, Henry Ford Hospital and U of M?

Actually there are probably thousands here in West Michigan, in fact I bet theres one in your living room right now... (or you might even be staring into one at this very moment if you have a CRT monitor)

jackassery aside, I think there is one on the Western Michigan campus. At least if this link is right

it's been a while since I'd been up to the pill hill site, so I took a walk with my camera this afternoon:

307954854_85d6c29a28_b.jpg

307957937_e14693c924_b.jpg

Cancer center:

307956965_6348653317_b.jpg

Linear accelerator:

307951261_39d7e49829_b.jpg

Flyers posted on the Butterworth ramp:

307952018_810daf3ede.jpg307951830_d35e9a950d.jpg

Cranes all over the place:

307955920_89af74f34c_b.jpg

FYI, I've started a flickr photoset for my pill hill photos - you can see it here. I imagine that as the JW project starts to wrap, I'll be heading north toward Spectrum and River House on my walks instead of toward the river....

Where are all those poor souls going to park?

* Entry into the current outpatient ramp at the corner of Michigan Street and Bostwick Avenue will stop at 5 p.m. Friday, December 1.

* Starting Monday, December 4, self-parking for patients will be relocated to the Center Ramp behind the emergency department. Valet service will also begin that day at the Ransom Lobby Entry, on Ransom Avenue and Crescent Street.

* Physician and executive parking will relocate to the North Visitor Parking ramp, A-Level.

* To make parking available for patients, the staff currently parking in the Center Ramp will move to the North and South Ramps. Affected staff will be notified by security.

(Shamelessly stolen from parking memo)

The Towers Building pedestrian bridge is scheduled to be removed between noon and 1:30 p.m., December 2.

Dang! for once I thought I had some inside info to spring on the boards, and you come in here and spoil my fun!

Anyway, my brother-in-law apparently just dropped some equipment off by the walkway, and it appears that they're going to try to lift the whole thing out in one piece. Hope someone's down there with a camera tomorrow...