Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

It was mainly tongue in cheek, but I've taken classes in buildings with multiple "main floors" and it's irritating. Especially when you're new to the building, on an upper floor, and trying to get back down to the correct "lobby" where you came in. I'm not the only one who feels that way. That's why elevators usually have a STAR next to the main lobby floor if it's not the 1st floor.

The Star on an elevator is the International Symbol for emergency services (Star Of Life). It designates an elevator that is on emergency power and able to fit an ambulance cot.

I noticed on the highway side they are building concrete columns that mimic the ones on the Michigan St side. Are they also going to have stone added also, on the highway side?

Yes they will. The column bases will eventually be covered with dirt when they remove the access drive and regrade the hill down to the highway.

That pump is crazy! I've been told the whole reason they have that cool mini crane at the Commerce Parking Ramp is because they won't be able to pump concrete in the back corner, so that particular crane as a pump attachment for use when they get higher. nice shots!

So this is the bigness that a billion dollars worth of development can bring. Seeing giant projects like this is becoming an addiction. Come on GR get some more billion dollar projects here. I want more!

Not to quibble tamias but that's not a billion dollar development. I think it's more in the neighborhood of $350 Million. :thumbsup: