Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

HDVCH looks so massive now that it's frame is looming on the horizon! Big old Butterworth looks so puny in comparison, at least in the photos preceding. I think that is one thing that the "neede" did for the building. By giving the building a slender focal point, it detracted from the massiveness of the central building by the contrast of the ultra slender, as well as drawing the eye upward.

Hey everybody, I've been lurking in this forum for a few years now, and I've enjoyed the information and discussions! I recently moved to Toronto, and I decided to join the form to keep up with developments in GR.

I was wondering... whet do you guys think about the exterior of the LHCP, I find it really lacks "something" like trim. The edges just look too rough to me, it just looks artificial, for lack of a better descriptor, it looks almost like they just plopped down the rendering of the building on the hillside. I really wish they'd add some "edging" to the sandstone, that would complete the look for me.

The Cancer Pavilion is pretty sharp looking when you take the big mole away. I also didn't know there were those big planters on the balconies.

Yeah, you really have to see them up close to appreciate their giant size. They are huge!

Edited by fotoman311

In some earlier posts in this forum, some have argued that it looks more like a suburban office building than something you'd find in the downtown core of Grand Rapids and that it's out of place. I think it looks decent enough to fit in. Am I thrilled? No. But is it ok? Yes. Also, keep in mind that the design could have been much worse.

I was wondering... whet do you guys think about the exterior of the LHCP, I find it really lacks "something" like trim.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...