Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

15 hours ago, jonrapley said:

I actually think they did an ok job blending the old building with the new building. It starts off pretty modern and then moves into brick. I like it. Also interesting to see the parking ramp in the back.

That was unveiled back in February:

https://www.mlive.com/business/west-michigan/index.ssf/2018/02/medical_mile_partners_approve.html

11 hours ago, droonus2000 said:

The only thing that bothers me is the design makes it look like a five story building. But super enlarged!

Yeah, I do believe it is only 5 or 6 stories. They just have higher ceilings than your standard office or apartment building would have.

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, HavingAhoot said:

I don't know about the smoothie part but I did see this bit of excitement that had me salivating.    

image.png

I saw on the GR permit record that a sushi restaurant was coming, but the fact it'll be Ramen as well has me very intrigued. Also it is supposed to be pretty big, permit says well over 5000 sqft.

1 hour ago, HavingAhoot said:

Has anyone heard anything about the Starbucks that was supposed to go in on the corner of Fuller and Race? I've seen work trucks and people in the lot looking around but not a whole lot of action other than that. Just curious if it's still in the works? 

image.thumb.png.e439e0e3bea051be7120a069d71ff59d.png

As far as I know it's still on.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 11:26 PM, ironyisadeadscene said:

Good news: this will require a tower crane. Saw the base placed today while driving by on 196.

There will apparently be two tower cranes at this site according to someone I know at Pioneer. 

Good gravy I think I've died and gone to heaven. 7 tower cranes? 8? Possibly at the same time (albeit limited time)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mpchicago said:

Do I see activity at the previously proposed Starbucks drive-thru site next to McDonald's? 

Yes they've been doing some kind of work on that sight between Mcdonald's and the old Jade Pig garage.  That 200 ft section of road (Sinclair St?) looks torn up as well.  I don't know if they are turning what was the street into develop-able land or just redoing it.  Last I looked at it I couldn't tell if they were working to put a structure there or just moving earth around. 

2 hours ago, MJLO said:

Yes they've been doing some kind of work on that sight between Mcdonald's and the old Jade Pig garage.  That 200 ft section of road (Sinclair St?) looks torn up as well.  I don't know if they are turning what was the street into develop-able land or just redoing it.  Last I looked at it I couldn't tell if they were working to put a structure there or just moving earth around. 

Actually on the contrary, the lot next to McDonalds is still a grass filled ditch, basically. That piece of construction machinery is tearing up that street. I'm guessing there will be another entrance into the new parking ramp off of that street. I haven't seen the plans for the ramp and new GVSU building though. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...