Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

Speaking of the Van Andel Institute's expansion, there's a proposal in this week's Planning Commission agenda for Immanuel Lutheran to tear down their current school and construct a huge new addition just to the South of the church along Division to make room for VAI - Phase II.

http://www.ci.grand-rapids.mi.us/index.pl?page_id=651

I would post it, but don't have capability at work anymore. PBJ or twoshort wanna give it a try?

It looks like it fits in well with the current church's architecture (even better than the current school). :thumbsup:

Immanuel has designs posted on their site here http://www.immanuellcmsgr.org/building.htm

I grew up at the church and school. I've heard it was on again, then off again, then on again ... etc., you get the picture.

The plans look nice.

Memories: playing kickball in the small parking lot and having to chase the ball down Michigan Hill on a foul. DOH!

Also, recollections of the State building going up and blocking the view of the Calder.

I was in the VIA a couple months ago, and it was odd looking down at the school, noting the alley is no longer there.

Experiments :ph34r:

hmmmmmm

Don't know if I trust father O'leary to be doing experiments

*Yes I know its a Lutheran chuch*

*Yes I know Lutheran pastors are not called "Father"*

*Yes I know Garrison Keilor makes a lot of Lutheran jokes*

*Most of the time they are funny*

*Carry on*

hmmmmmm

Don't know if I trust father O'leary to be doing experiments

*Yes I know its a Lutheran chuch*

*Yes I know Lutheran pastors are not called "Father"*

*Yes I know Garrison Keilor makes a lot of Lutheran jokes*

*Most of the time they are funny*

*Carry on*

um, it's also a school.

Maybe the sixth graders are doing cancer research in the lab?

Cigarette smoking monkeys!

(did I just say that out loud???)

Is just me, or does this not look like George Jetson's apartment. The artist really needs to add a dog walk tread mill with George and Astro on it.

I think that original design is SWEET!! :D

Ya know, it does look like the JW as well (can't believe I missed that). Maybe they're building an NFL New World Order, Nitro :ph34r:

I think that original design is SWEET!! :D

Ya know, it does look like the JW as well (can't believe I missed that). Maybe they're building an NFL New World Order, Nitro :ph34r:

They designed the building just after the President of H&R Block signed up for Sprint. He was overheard saying:

"Oval shape buildings lead to offices with no corners. Just one more example of me sticking it to the man..."