Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

55 minutes ago, GRDadof3 said:

It must be for medical/surgical offices because the new HQ's in Monroe North is planned to be all non-clinical office people, correct? 

It would make sense if it were more ambulatory space.  Though they would also be opening a bunch of existing space  in 25-35 Michigan St by building the innovation center in NoMo(or whatever they are calling it).  That would be a bunch of new clinical space on the hill if that building were built.    I've been out of the loop for the goings on at Spectrum for over a year now.  Maybe they really do have demand for that much more activity on the hill.  Or maybe it's just another alternative for the administrative space and they are considering not going forward building on Monroe?  Though that wouldn't make a lot of sense since it would only add to the parking concerns.   Spectrums plans seem like they constantly evolve.

A coworker is moving out of their office in Cook. Building is coming down in March. 

It will be ambulatory space, primarily cardiovascular and I think cancer.  Yes to some outpatient services moving from 25/35. There's not a lot of admin there really. The hospital administration that is there will probably move to the North Office Building to the current system office, and system leadership will go to CTI I'm guessing.

The CTI building is still on. There's a crane on the ground that looks like it is about to go up. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

That's not old and the one they already added to, by chance?

Otherwise, no idea. The Spectrum ramp off Lafayette?

Don't know. It's under the "pending" section:

BC-RENO-2020-0847 Renovation Waiting to Inspect 100 MICHIGAN ST NE AECOM Not Issued Expand existing parking ramp by adding 4 new Levels, extending stair towers and elevator tower, installation of 2 new elevators. (original) Foundation work and new shear walls required for future vertical expansion of parking ramp.

• 1 month later...

This was announced today:

• Medical Center – New Ambulatory Care Building  This new 11-story 240,000 square foot building in downtown Grand Rapids will allow Spectrum Health to continue advancing education, research and clinical excellence in one location on the Medical Mile. It will bring together several outpatient services, including primary and specialty care, such as our heart and vascular and neurosciences clinics as well as residency clinics. The facility also will include a simulation center to train and educate physicians by utilizing applied experiential learning and hands-on innovative technology to improve patient safety and outcomes. (Opening Spring 2024)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 4/29/2021 at 5:30 PM, walker said:

I don't know anything about this business other than Doug Meijer is on their board of directors but WOODTV and the Right Place say they are moving their world headquarters into the new Doug Meijer building.  Can't find anywhere anything about where their world headquarters might be currently:

WOODTV: medical-company-to-create-200-jobs-in-moving-hq-to-grand-rapids

RIGHT PLACE: bamf-health-medical-mile-hq

BAMF HEALTH WEBSITE

Story today on WOODTV about this start-up:

WOODTV: grand-rapids/startup-looking-to-kill-cancer-gets-500k-investment-from-new-venture-capital-fund

Hope something good comes from this and it's not just hype.  And it's nice to read that Birgit Klohs is still keeping busy now that she's retired.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

The crumbling south ramp on Lyon and Barclay is finally coming down:

The existing Grand Rapids Medical Center South Ramp at the corner of Barclay Avenue and Lyon Street is scheduled to close on April 16 to be decommissioned. We are excited to announce a new eight-level ramp with nearly 1,000 parking spaces will be built on the same site and will open in the summer of 2024. The capacity of the current ramp is 495 spaces. In alignment with the overall system strategy to provide more on-site parking for our team members, the new ramp will remain dedicated to team members once open. 

content?preferNoRedirect=true&prefer=extendCacheMaxAge&clientType=modernWebPart

• Sad 2

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, Cookin_peacocks said:

And so it starts

PXL_20220503_184532875.jpg

Yay!  A new parking ramp!  :) :) I wonder if this means Spectrum, will look to sell their lots further down Michigan and the massive one on Plymouth?  Do they even still do shuttles to those lots?  I feel like I don't see the lines of people waiting for them anymore.

18 hours ago, Floyd_Z said:

Yay!  A new parking ramp!  :) :) I wonder if this means Spectrum, will look to sell their lots further down Michigan and the massive one on Plymouth?  Do they even still do shuttles to those lots?  I feel like I don't see the lines of people waiting for them anymore.

They'd be smart to add air rights, but what would you put there? And would it interfere with the aeromed copters?

• Like 1