Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

WOW!!! I can't believe you didn't post this photo mgreven :D

Sorry, I should have posted it because it's hosted on Spectrum's site. I haven't bothered with posting pictures because I usually don't have any and haven't bothered a server for that. Plus, I had to get work done. Look at me now - back online not getting work done! =)

Show people a flashy tower and hopefully they won't notice the ground level. "Move along folks, there's nothing to see here, go back in your homes!" banghead.gif

The blank walls will probably be saved for plaques and name plates of big money donors. "This wall donated by(insert rich person's name here)" :rolleyes:

Here is an open suggestion to the City. Amend your zoning ordinance (as well as any other applicable laws and policies) RIGHT NOW to include this sentence: "No structure shall, ever, under any circumstance, or for any reason, meet the street with a windowless wall, no matter how shiny and pretty the rest of the building may or may not be. G****mnit." ARGH!

Why would they even put a wall there at all? It looks like they're gonna put a small park behind it. That would look 10X better than our newest blank wall. This is far enough out that its possible to go to the planning/zoning meetings and actually make a difference.

You liked that Veronica? :D Gary, I think the park is just on top of the parking ramp (which is going to stay there). I would venture to say they are going to do some major renovations to the parking ramp, because it is pretty old. You're right, there is time to get the message into some thick skulls about this.

You liked that Veronica? :D Gary, I think the park is just on top of the parking ramp (which is going to stay there). I would venture to say they are going to do some major renovations to the parking ramp, because it is pretty old. You're right, there is time to get the message into some thick skulls about this.

Does anybody know who draws these? Maybe that guy can tell us! :lol:

Couldn't they build some steps up there or something, so it is opened up to the street? And what is with the arbitrary horizontal lines? :blink:

Oh, wait, I've seen that before!

bca58f97.jpg

Oh, the horror, the horror!! RUN!

Sidenote: Any of you CAD Jockeys know why everyone throws in the consumate BMW into these artists renderings :lol:

All architectural renderings have become mundane with the advent of something called RPC by a company called Archvision. They are the company that invented a software technology that takes a real photo of someone or something and does a good job of inserting it into the 3D modeling environment. Too good if you ask me. All renderings look the same with the same old crap entourage thrown into it. Take a look at Archvision's website and see how many different things you recognize from various different renderings.

Nitro

All architectural renderings have become mundane with the advent of something called RPC by a company called Archvision. They are the company that invented a software technology that takes a real photo of someone or something and does a good job of inserting it into the 3D modeling environment. Too good if you ask me. All renderings look the same with the same old crap entourage thrown into it. Take a look at Archvision's website and see how many different things you recognize from various different renderings.

Nitro

from the Front page of Archvision website under the "content" banner:

"Featuring Parking Lot Cars Vol. 3!" :lol: