Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

Do you mean "start 2 levels below" because of the steep grade of Michigan hill, or that 2 floors' worth of offices will be underground?

The first floor of the LHCP is at the Coit Street elevation. The plaza level and first floors of the three west towers are two parking levels lower at about the Boswick elevation which is about where the white car is. There are no occupied spaces below grade except for circulation spaces.

LHCP-MSD-Camera1-low-res.jpg

135372685_71935f3c5a_o.jpg

I agree with you...That building has such character and such an awesome location (Short walk for people working at VAI, Medical Mile, Downtown offices or students at GRCC). It would be awesome if it got a face lift!

If I ever lived downtown...I always thought that is where I would like to live! :P

Edited by ArsEcclesiae

The main entrance (circle drive off Michigan) will close sometime between March 5 and 15th for 1 year for remodeling. Entrances will be at the Heart Center (Barclay) and HDVCH off Crescent. Should make the Heart Center entrance interesting as Barclay is congested as heck right now, add a bunch of traffic and I wonder how the ambulances are going to get thru. .

There's something really funky about that rendering that makes the LH look a lot smaller than it seems right now - I think the people are too big or something...

Take one of the people and compare their hight with the upper levels right above, a person is almost as tall as the building's floor to floor height.

Is that just going to be one massive parking deck underneath all of the towers? Crikey! :o

Oh, and I got some photos yesterday too. I'm just settling into a hotel in DC; I'll upload and post 'em in a few minutes.

...and... Personally, I'm 12 stories tall and made of radiation.

Edited by sparky05

Is that just going to be one massive parking deck underneath all of the towers? Crikey! :o

Oh, and I got some photos yesterday too. I'm just settling into a hotel in DC; I'll upload and post 'em in a few minutes.

...and... Personally, I'm 12 stories tall and made of radiation.

My favorite, the RDV Parking "Dagwood" Sandwich. 2000 parking spaces and still not enough to meet the demands on Health Hill. What is a city to do?

414211603_dd01bfdcbe_b.jpg

(everything in red is parking)

My favorite, the RDV Parking "Dagwood" Sandwich. 2000 parking spaces and still not enough to meet the demands on Health Hill. What is a city to do?

414211603_dd01bfdcbe_b.jpg

(everything in red is parking)

WOW. At least its underground. This complex is going to be huge!