Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

They're slowly but surely making progress excavating the site. I'm very interested to see what it will look like when they start to build.

Could someone who is more photshop savvy than myself throw together a rough sketch what the HDV Childrens Hospital will look like looking east, from the west side of the river?

They're slowly but surely making progress excavating the site. I'm very interested to see what it will look like when they start to build.

Could someone who is more photshop savvy than myself throw together a rough sketch what the HDV Childrens Hospital will look like looking east, from the west side of the river?

I drew this up on Paint last year wayneoh. You can decide how "accurate" it is. :lol: I think I might be a tad too tall.

570632062_a89c187e96_o.jpg

Unfortunately, I really don't have time right now to go digging for the misc. pieces required to achieve your vision. However, if someone were to find or direct me to a pic from the position you are thinking and some renderings of the medical mile buildings from a similar perspective as they will appear when complete, I could take a flyer on Photoshopping 'em into something that looks acceptable. :dontknow:

I went through the Tokyo Forum today and all I have to say is that building is a true work of art. I was blown away. Here's a link to the Japan forum:

http://www.urbanplanet.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=39590

I don't have a huge opinion about VAI I but now I think Vinoly is brilliant. I hope that comes out in VAI II.

Joe

www.jonathanbailey.com has some more HDCH renderings (man of which I haven't seen in this thread.)

Thanks rizzo. They have the funkiest websites (I think this is the 3rd or 4th version I've seen since they were announced). Can you imagine if the design was one of the apparent hypotheticals they designed? And you guys thought tamias' building blocks design was too bold..

Behold the "stack of waiting room magazines"

578297835_e5e5905f44_b.jpg

Pepsi anyone? Available in the hospital cafeteria.

578297877_e76b0373a4_b.jpg

Dubai? Shanghai? Oh my.

578297887_b443f682f8_b.jpg

This is a new angle:

578406918_4e671ecd47_b.jpg

What song is that on the website? from Bolero?

http://www.jonathanbailey.com/

Thanks for posting those Dad. My computer wouldn't let me resize the images on the site. Resizing them down to see them in entirety without having to pan is much clearer. I don't think I can appreciate the middle design. What's interesting is that the architect refers to the HDCH in early design stages. I think this might be a discrepancy as I believe the CH said it was formalizing the design... :dontknow: Whats even more interesting is the revelation of these alternative designs.

Edited by Rizzo

Thanks for posting those Dad. My computer wouldn't let me resize the images on the site. Resizing them down to see them in entirety without having to pan is much clearer. I don't think I can appreciate the middle design. What's interesting is that the architect refers to the HDCH in early design stages. I think this might be a discrepancy as I believe the CH said it was formalizing the design... :dontknow: Whats even more interesting is the revelation of these alternative designs.

I know. There were even other designs from way back if you remember (I think they're even posted here in this thread somewhere).

Also, if you go to their website, choose "Portfolio" and then under that "all projects", and then toggle to the right until you find HDCH, they have a drive by video similar to the JW Marriott's (but not as long and as good). Still interesting, and you see the new entrance to Spectrum Butterworth in it.

http://www.jonathanbailey.com/

(and yes, it's Bolero)

You are actually pulling this image from my web space. :) It is the original model of VAI. The second phase looks a lot different, especially on the south side.

I just dug this model up from somewhere, i havent seen it around yet and it looks rather cool. Am i the first to post this?

vai-model.jpg

Don't you worry about Spectrum's IT department ( I work there) as it is way ahead of many hospital IT departments. I have been there a little over one year now and compared to any other places that I worked it is first rate. We have many plans that are in the works that I know of personally. :shades:

*At BL they are renovating part of the ER right now and as far as I heard BL signed a contract for the merged years ago that it can't be discontinued.

Edited by mifunboy