Medical Mile/Michigan Street Developments

joeDowntown

It's possible that my eyes have deceived me, but the rendering posted in front of the Children's Hospital construction doesn't appear to show the spire. Is anyone aware if the plans changed?

I drove by the site today and noticed a rendering picture with the spire on it. It was across from the new Cancer Center.

The lobby will look even better when that multi-story waterfall is flowing!

I believe the plans for the multi story waterfall were scrapped due to the noise which would be created by the water cascading from the reflection pools from one level to the next. Not sure though, there was talk about a techno waterfall replacement....something more controlled.

I'd like to see some pics of the floor of the lobby if you can....supposed to be a large banyan tree mural on the floor.

Several of the new Medical Mile wayfinding signs have now gone up, and they're HUGE. There are three now I believe along Michigan Street near Bostwick. Here's a rehash of what they look like:

2099956162_23b3544c1c_o.jpg

2099956256_b450b9493a_o.jpg

They definitely grab your attention, which means they are doing their job.

Several of the new Medical Mile wayfinding signs have now gone up, and they're HUGE. There are three now I believe along Michigan Street near Bostwick.

They definitely grab your attention, which means they are doing their job.

Excellent! Hopefully the use of "Medical Mile" on the signs and banners will finally establish this as the one and only name for the area, instead of terms like "Health Hill", or the inappropriate "Pill Hill" (health care is about a lot more than pills).

2433371359_889ff940c5_b.jpg

This bothers me in person too. Why is the tinted glass a different color on the left-sided part of that curve? It's not artifact in this picture/the angle - it always looks like this. I know the stones need to be cleaned to all look the same shade of brown but I really don't get this with the glass. :dontknow:

This bothers me in person too. Why is the tinted glass a different color on the left-sided part of that curve? It's not artifact in this picture/the angle - it always looks like this. I know the stones need to be cleaned to all look the same shade of brown but I really don't get this with the glass. :dontknow:

Maybe they got the darker glass on clearance at Menards? :)'

I don't think it looks bad at all. It's probably just a design element in the building.

I could be wrong, but isn't the shaded area the atrium inside the building? If it is maybe there is a color difference to help heat or cool the large open space in the atrium. Or to limit or let more sunlight in. Maybe it is just a design idea to brake up the wall :dontknow: