Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

monsoon

Possibly another Another Stolen Photo?

Isn't it just an amazing and surprising coincidence how that bulleted list matches our bulleted list that has been posted here on UrbanPlanet for months at this thread. Maybe they should give dubone some duckets for all the research.

Or it could just be a coincidence. :ph34r:

Quite a striking resemblance indeed! What are the chances of this being a coincidence?? :rolleyes:

Yeah he needs to get paid for that. That was a lot of work, I'm sure! Maybe the person who stole it will see this and be smart enough to remove it from his site.

If you click on that guys home page the first three things that pop up are "Commitment, Integrity, Trust".  :sick:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

YEAH RIGHT !

:lol:

indeed, dubone deserves some compensation for this act. I find it interesting that company would steal images starting out when its trying to build credibility. Too cheap to spend $60 and get it done? Too lazy to learn how to do it themselves?

lol I just noticed the links are exactly the same on the bottom too. :rofl: Google's duplicate content filter will hurt them in the serps....

We did get a registration from that site by a party who has never posted here but does come here to read our stuff. One word that comes to mind is leech.

From Websters. - A bloodsucking worm

He also took the artwork from many other condo websites and put them on his site with no reference to the websites, plus he pasted an entire article from the Charlotte Observer with no mention of the paper.

what is funny is that the photo is from my first uptown rundown, but the project list is from my second one, many of which don't show up on the photo.

i'll just say...yes, it was a LOT of work.... but whatever.

Now I have to add realtors to the groups of people I dont trust.:)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

That would definitely not be fair to do so based on one misguided person.

There are always those few bad apples in a bushel.....just discard him please.

Thanks. :)

I would hire a lawyer and sue for theft of intellectual property. That is pure and blatant plagiarism.

The image is even named the same.

Has anyone emailed him to call him on it?

heh, you guys must have scared this dude. when i tried to connect to the link i got this:

FAILED

i get the same message when i try to connect to the index.

*edit - oops, didn't see this second page before i posted.

that website is a joke, sorry that happened to your hard work... you should def. start copywriting it!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You have inherent copyright protection, although putting someone on notice by marking it with "circle c" and the date helps with determining damages. Just FYI.

Website is back up with map.

I really think there should be a new rule that before anyone posts any original work on here (i.e. monsoon's photos or dubone's map, etc) that it needs to have a watermark put on it, so worms will not steal it.