Possibly another Another Stolen Photo?

monsoon

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The site is up and running right now, 2:22pm. I never got to see what it was like yesterday cause of the errors, but today, the picture is a regular skyline shot almost as opposed to Dubone's aerial shot looking straight down. He has also cut the size of the shot down and put the disclaimer that some of the items listed are not on the map shown. He has also altered his legend some as well. His list of projects is definitely an exact copy.

OK, it says that some of the projects on the list don't appear on the image because of the different angle. Different from what? He should have mentioned its different than the other image he decided not to steal.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol. exactly.

Taking a look at the page source, I seriously doubt the actual realtor made the page.

Either way, the specificity of the image as it relates to his page content means that he isn't covered under the "I Googled the image and didn't know it wasn't public domain" argument. No, he ripped it straight from the pages of UP.

Since he is being an idiot and still using the image, he could at least scale it properly to show all of dubone's hard work in clarity. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately real estate agents are like a plague of locusts on UrbanPlanet. We have to spend a lot of time getting rid of the ones who want to spam the place looking for clients and/or hawking whatever property they have been commissioned to sell. We just cleaned up another mess elsewhere on the forum where agents were pushing free airconditioners and gold plated toe nail clippers if you bought one of their units :huh: And without even looking hard, we find the Arlington steals one of my photos for its website and now this lowlife actually steals an entire UrbanPlanet thread to further his personal gain.

No doubt there are agents out there with good business ethics, but that business seems to abound in ones that I would not describe in polite terms. Reminds me of ambulance chasing lawyers who troll the police reports looking to convince accident victims to sue anybody and used car salesmen who put sawdust in transmissions to get them to run well for a few days.

Egg Sucking Dogs :sick:

Metro, I was in the Arlington on friday and they have paper flyers of some kind with your photo on it. This is in the front doorway sitting at the security guards counter...

On a positive note you guys should be proud of how much great info and energy and participation comes from this site.

Archived