The Spring

eastsider

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Construction on this project is up to about the 7th floor now. Since the parking levels have topped out, the point tower portion of this should now quickly rise to its final height of 43 floors. This tower will sure stand out on the far west side of downtown.

I love residential towers, but I think this is way out of scale for its surroundings. tall residential towers do wonders for cities, but they have to be close enough to each other to create a residential density. based on surrounding buildings, and its location near the river/park it is way out of scale.

that being said, the new sewage treatment plant site will completely change the area and turn this into a new residential high rise community. but at the time this project I think wa a little reckless.

there is a 11 and a 9 story building next door, but other than that there is nothing over 4 stories tall for 9 or so blocks!

Is Monarch built? or is it one of the many proposals. I guess my contention is that the city is embracing linear development rather than a cluster. I suppose it all works out when all of these projects get built, but I am not a fan of a residential tower outside of downtown. its not even for asthetic reasons it just is out of place for a neighbourhood. but obviously Austin is booming so much that the whole area will be different in 10 years, so, downtown is a relative term at this point.

Good for Austin. that list of projects in another thread is pretty damn impressive. its almost like Miami in terms of the scale.

• 2 months later...

Archived