Whole Foods looking at San Marco ?

vicupstate

I received this in an email from a resident of the Parks @ the Cathedral.

There is currently a petition underway to bring a WHOLE FOODS to San Marco.

For those of you not familiar with WHOLE FOODS, it is a wonderful grocery retailer that currently has 171 stores in North America and the United Kingdom. WHOLE FOODS offers organic produce, an incredible variety of fresh meats and seafoods, gourmet prepared foods, in-house baked goods, etc. The company is committed to sustainable agriculture, protecting the environment, and fair farm labor practices -- and always supports local charities by making significant in-kind and monetary contributions. More information is available at www.wholefoodsmarket.com.

The supermarket will anchor a proposed new development next to the Kings Avenue parking garage, with over 1,500 enclosed parking spaces and at the end of the Skyway Express monorail. The new development will also house condominiums and other small retailers. Chase Properties is building the new development, and Mayor John Peyton has lended his weight to get WHOLE FOODS to sign on to this new project.

Please help us convince WHOLE FOODS to come to San Marco by signing the petition!!! To sign the petition click, or cut and paste, the link below: http://thiscause.org/p/menu.php?p=Residents38678DB. It only takes a minute or so to type in your name and 'sign by mouse'.

Thanks for your support! And please pass this petition on to any other Jacksonvillians that would love to have a WHOLE FOODS here in town.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WHOLE FOODS offers organic produce, an incredible variety of fresh meats and seafoods, gourmet prepared foods, in-house baked goods, etc. The company is committed to sustainable agriculture, protecting the environment, and fair farm labor practices -- and always supports local charities by making significant in-kind and monetary contributions.

All this of course results in higher grocery prices for the consumer. :)

It would be nice to get another grocery store downtown however (people often forget about the Winn-Dixie downtown).

Signed it.

It would be nice to get another grocery store downtown however (people often forget about the Winn-Dixie downtown).

I think more people would use that Winn-Dixie if they ever made an effort to clean it up. The same goes for the old Premier Foods store in Springfield.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I try to forget it because it's not a pleasant shopping experience. I've been in there a few times and have been inside cleaner stores in rundown wards in New Orleans. I try not to notice it as I'm driving through downtown, but my eyes betray me and lock on to the storefront for a brief moment. :D

I doubt that something like this Whole Foods can survive except in certain niche markets where consumers have an over abundance of disposal income.

Anyone interested in having an organic/low-carb grocery co-op on the westside of Jax?

I just signed, and I know plenty of people who would sign if they knew about it. My brother lives in San Marco and eats only organic foods if he can, but I doubt he knows about the petition. That signature thing is awesome. My signature looked hideous at first, but then after the program edited it, it looked amazing.

Archived