Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

• 1 month later...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome pics! Last time I heard, the restaurant was supposed to be CanCan's second location, but I think--rumor has it--that it's changed by now.

I don't know about the CAN CAN rumor, but have heard that people involved with THE BOATHOUSE AT SUNDAY PARK in Brandermill have been sniffing around the Rocketts property.

In its present state there are only about 150 residents at Rocketts Landing..hardly a sufficient number to support anything other than a prime Destination restaurant. Maybe not even then, given the economy.

Edited by burt

• 2 weeks later...

The last post on the Rocketts Landing blog site has a new rendering of the Riverbank Terraces - the new townhouses, which are to start construction this coming spring. I don't know who's going to be able to afford them, but they look pretty neat. Link below:

Riverbank Terraces

Thanks for the fresh rendering, evan.

I was there last Friday and there isn't much curb parking space for visitors near Fall Line.

Thanks for the fresh rendering, evan.

I was there last Friday and there isn't much curb parking space for visitors near Fall Line.

I drove through Rockett's Landing yesterday and noticed that dirt is already moving... grading for the roadway /driveway that bi-sects the lot from north to south.

Edited by Shakman

• 2 weeks later...

The marina has passed through the permitting and approval process - work on the first phase of the 88-slip marina should begin within a week's time. Boats up to 60-feet long will be accommodated.

Also, a restaurant operator for the power plant building is in place with an opening planned by summer 09.

The new restaurant will be operated by Kevin Healy, owner since 1988 of The Boathouse at Sunday Park, a waterside restaurant on Swift Creek Reservoir in Chesterfield County's Brandermill community.

Healy said the new restaurant, The Boathouse at Rocketts Landing, will have "sweeping views of the river and the city skyline" and will serve fare similar to the menu at The Boathouse at Sunday Park, including seafood, steak and napoletana pizza. It will occupy 12,000 square feet on the third and fourth floors of the five-story power plant building.

The building, constructed around 1887, once provided electricity for the city's trolley car fleet, according to developers...

...The first and second floors of the restored power plant are below street level and will house the Virginia Boat Club, Souter said. The fifth floor will house the harbormaster office.

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/news/loca...-212731/153109/

• 3 weeks later...

The latest post on the Rocketts Landing Blog provides some more information about the new townhouses being built this spring.

Also if you click on Homes and then Riverbank Terraces there's a new rendering and floor plans for all 5 townhouses. Pretty neat.

Rocketts Landing Blog

The floor plans are quite nice, but it's perplexing to figure out the main entrances. Are they on the river or street level? Each unit has elevator entry.

I think the walking path all the way to Jamestown will be built along the railway tracks directly in front of the townhouse complex. Though I'm told the rails are still used.

The marina at Rocketts Landing, capable of handling boats of 60' in length, is under construction directly in front of this 4-story building on the river bank.

It really is a bit confusing. It appears the left end unit has its main entrance on the left side on the second level, as seen in the rendering (perspective), while the three middle ones have main entrances on the bottom floor facing the river, right in front of the Capital Trail. The right end unit also has its main entrance on the bottom floor but on the right side. I really like the design though. It does have a very European feel with a mix of modern and traditional features. It would be nice to see more new, quality design like this around Richmond.

• 1 month later...

The marina gets underway at Rocketts Landing.

See the video and read the story from today's R-TD:

http://www.timesdispatch.com/rtd/business/...-205616/203230/

The economy is a reason for slow leasing of boat slips, and residents of Rocketts Landing are being given first consideration. I have a nephew who is very much into boating, and if he can sell his property in the far West End he will buy a unit at Rocketts and lease a boat slip.

Edited by burt