Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

• 2 months later...

http://www.3dsengineers.com/

East Bank Tower --> click on Portfolio. I hope they are still planning to build this. The rendering isn't totally new, but it's better detailed. Also look through the rest of the images. Anybody heard about the Waterford Residences? I wonder if that is also proposed for Rocketts Landing since its the same architects (Design Physics) as the Riverbank Terraces.

Anybody heard anything about the status of Boathouse, the new seafood restaurant going in at Rocketts Landing?

jb, I read something last week (maybe in Style) that the 4th and 5th floors of the power plant are in the process of being renovated for The Boathouse Restaurant. The lower floors will house a boat club and the Harbor Master's offices. If I can locate the article I'll post it.

Also, it has been announced that Zuppa will relocate from 18th and Franklin Streets to the building at Rocketts landing with "Rock" in its name.

The latest post on the Rocketts Landing Blog provides some more information about the new townhouses being built this spring.

Also if you click on Homes and then Riverbank Terraces there's a new rendering and floor plans for all 5 townhouses. Pretty neat.

Rocketts Landing Blog

jbjust, I can't find the article to which I referred, but check out this blog that evanf provided last January.

http://www.3dsengineers.com/

East Bank Tower --> click on Portfolio. I hope they are still planning to build this. The rendering isn't totally new, but it's better detailed. Also look through the rest of the images. Anybody heard about the Waterford Residences? I wonder if that is also proposed for Rocketts Landing since its the same architects (Design Physics) as the Riverbank Terraces.

Rocketts is going to be sweet as all hell once it's built out. I think the 'Waterford Residences' is the condo building proposed to go where the blue warehouse is on the eastern end of Rocketts, but don't hold me to it.

The Boathouse at Rocketts is hiring, I imagine they're summer opening will be a late one but still on track for this season.

First off, thanks for the compliments on the design of the townhomes and The Waterford. The Waterford is located at Rocketts Landing and will go next to the Fall Line building. Maybe I will try to keep an eye on these forums and help to answer questions when they arise.

The Boat House is going to be turned over to the owner this week (by the contractor), I believe. Then it is just a matter of time before it opens to the public.

Jason Hopkins

Design Physics

First off, thanks for the compliments on the design of the townhomes and The Waterford. The Waterford is located at Rocketts Landing and will go next to the Fall Line building. Maybe I will try to keep an eye on these forums and help to answer questions when they arise.

The Boat House is going to be turned over to the owner this week (by the contractor), I believe. Then it is just a matter of time before it opens to the public.

Jason Hopkins

Design Physics

Thanks for your reply and welcome to the forum.

A couple questions I had:

1. I

1. I’m assuming that the Waterford Residences are part of Phase II of Rocketts Landing. Is there a planned date for when it’s supposed to break ground?

2. What kind of materials will be used for the exterior? I love all of the glass!

3. As for the Riverbank Terraces, when is that supposed to break ground?

I second that! Thanks for the quick reply and welcome to the forum! The renderings you all have are awesome. Hope to hear more!

Edited by TBurban

• 3 weeks later...

1. I'm assuming that the Waterford Residences are part of Phase II of Rocketts Landing. Is there a planned date for when it's supposed to break ground?

2. What kind of materials will be used for the exterior? I love all of the glass!

3. As for the Riverbank Terraces, when is that supposed to break ground?

At this point, I do not think there is a planned construction date for much of anything... the economy plays the biggest role in that decision.

the exterior will be blonde brick, glass and metal. When your view is the water, you cannot go wrong with glass!

Being new construction, the Riverbank Terraces will need to have a certain number of units pre-sold before construction will start.

Hope this helps,

Jason

• 9 months later...

The Art Department is a great addition to the Rocketts Landing Development!thumbsup.gif The more students in the Richmond area the better.shades.gif

http://theartdepartm...g/college.shtml

This is one difficult website to navigate if you're looking for a Richmond connection. I think I finally learned that there will be two locations for the program this summer -- one in Kansas city and the other in Richmond.

I know of a person who is coming over this weekend from Adelaide in Australia to metriculate in the Richmond Art Department at Rocketts Landing. thumbsup.gif It will be at the building known as 210 Rock.

• 1 year later...

I guess you're right, Brent. But this has been photo-shopped to make it appear about 20 stories high when in reality it's about 20 feet. :shades:

That does not appear to be photo-shopped at all as it is just the perspective that makes it appear taller. If it were not for the text window over the center of the image, the scale would be much clearer.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Looks like Rockett's Landing just landed a big tenant! BrownGreer law firm will be renovating the Cedar Works building to serve as their new headquarters.

http://www.richmondb...oes-waterfront/

I don't recall seeing this un-reconstructed Cedar Works building. A similar structure that bears the same name is beautiful and is full of residents. Is it directly behind 210 Rock at the entry from Rt. 5 into the complex?

I'll check it out on May 5th. I'm going to hear The President speak at The Siegel Center that afternoon (if I can get in) then to a large party in a penthouse at Rocketts Landing.

I know that there are Cedar Works apartments at Rockett's right across the street from this building, but the article called this building Cedar Works as well... that's why I did.

Here is the building on google maps...

http://maps.google.c...260.45,,0,-8.02

Yes, it's right behind 210 Rock, the modern apartment building.

Edited by LordChesterfield

I know that there are Cedar Works apartments at Rockett's right across the street from this building, but the article called this building Cedar Works as well... that's why I did.

Here is the building on google maps...

http://maps.google.c...260.45,,0,-8.02

Yes, it's right behind 210 Rock, the modern apartment building.

I live in 210 Rock and the building BrownGreer is moving into is attached and fronts Route 5, but has never been renovated. The Cedar Works apartments are across Rocketts Way fronting Route 5. I am super excited to hear of this development. It will do a lot to improve the look of the development along Route 5. I do find it funny that parking was a plus for them since parking is a problem here too. With the restaurants, businesses, and residents it can get pretty full. It will be nice to see this coming together soon.

Edited by georgeglass