Jump to content

Fulton / Rockett's Landing


wrldcoupe4

Recommended Posts

I actually think this one is fine. Would I rather it be mixed use? Sure, but if there’s demand for spec offices then that might not work. It looks like this utilizes the shared parking so there’s no extra parking there that I see. Given the location, whatever gets built will probably be pretty nice. So I think overall it’s fine. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Not a development-related story but a business story in Rocketts. Stone Brewery is looking to ramp up production. Ohhh... and how the gentle readers of RBS are kvetching. (When DON'T they kvetch?)

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/03/10/four-more-1000-barrel-tanks-added-to-stone-brewings-facility-in-fulton/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Not a development-related story but a business story in Rocketts. Stone Brewery is looking to ramp up production. Ohhh... and how the gentle readers of RBS are kvetching. (When DON'T they kvetch?)

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/03/10/four-more-1000-barrel-tanks-added-to-stone-brewings-facility-in-fulton/

Love the NIMBY take about how everything the city is involved with is a failure.  The only thing they can reference is 6th St Market Place which was FORTY YEARS AGO.  They stay silent on the resounding success Stone Brewery has been, which they fought tooth an nail against.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, 123fakestreet said:

Love the NIMBY take about how everything the city is involved with is a failure.  The only thing they can reference is 6th St Market Place which was FORTY YEARS AGO.  They stay silent on the resounding success Stone Brewery has been, which they fought tooth an nail against.

I get so tired hearing about the 6th st market place. Dear lord...that was like 20 mayors ago and RVA was going into a downward spiral after the White Flight of the suburbs.

 

What is happening with the empty stone building that had a road underneath it? My understanding is Stone got it from the city and now Stone says they can't develop it b/c it's structurally unsafe? Where are we with it now?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ancientcarpenter said:

I get so tired hearing about the 6th st market place. Dear lord...that was like 20 mayors ago and RVA was going into a downward spiral after the White Flight of the suburbs.

 

What is happening with the empty stone building that had a road underneath it? My understanding is Stone got it from the city and now Stone says they can't develop it b/c it's structurally unsafe? Where are we with it now?

Isn't that the old Fulton Gas Works building? (I thought FGW was being demo'd) - or perhaps that's a different building.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/11/2022 at 12:50 PM, wrldcoupe4 said:

That's correct, and to clarify, Stone doesn't own the terminal property.

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/02/28/intermediate-terminal-building-more-than-capable-for-restaurant-use-report-says/

 

I did a quick google search and got this, looks like RBS made an update to their article to correct a mislead:

"Correction: Stone Brewing has yet to receive the $8 million in bond funding for the bistro. An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that it had. The city, in its agreement with Stone, has offered to front the bonds to fund the bistro’s construction."

 

So Stone never owned it (and still doesn't) and the bonds never went through and they are still "looking into" the building more and more. Thanks. 

Edited by ancientcarpenter
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, ancientcarpenter said:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2020/02/28/intermediate-terminal-building-more-than-capable-for-restaurant-use-report-says/

 

I did a quick google search and got this, looks like RBS made an update to their article to correct a mislead:

"Correction: Stone Brewing has yet to receive the $8 million in bond funding for the bistro. An earlier version of this story incorrectly reported that it had. The city, in its agreement with Stone, has offered to front the bonds to fund the bistro’s construction."

 

So Stone never owned it (and still doesn't) and the bonds never went through and they are still "looking into" the building more and more. Thanks. 

Don't let the folks at Thalhimer know - they'll turn it into a drive-thru. :tw_flushed:

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

dusting off the Fulton\Rocketts thread with a hot new rezoning app ...

this one takes an industrial parcel between Orleans and the city line to a B-6 zoning if passed. Seems like a joint filing by RRHA and a private adjoining lot off S 37th. For the most part tract is vacant. 

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/4e752703-d15b-4467-8641-300f77df7ab1

this one was filed back in March , sorry must've nodded off on my virtual pickett duty. 

 

This one is across 37th from Fulton Yard site B which @Iceterahopefully will tell us is turning dirt...

 

s37th_Rzon.jpg

Edited by whw53
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is a REALLY nice addition to the "things to do" list in RVA: A D.C.-based pedal boat company has expanded its operations to RVA - and is offering pedal boat rides from the marina in Rockett's up the James and back. The route offers some awesome views of the city's growing skyline - as well as the gorgeous natural environment of the river on the return leg. They have a BYOB policy - and offer the option to organize party events. The trek up and back takes 90 minutes round trip, and participants can take turns at the controls, actually pedaling the boat (and doing so while drinking! :tw_smiley::tw_thumbsup:) I'd like to try my hand - uhh - foot - at that! Sounds like an absolute blast!

Each vessel can accomodate 20 passengers. So far, business is booming - the bookings for the summer have been filling up quickly, which is fantastic! Nice to see that a company that just began operations here over the Memorial Day weekend is becoming a very popular Richmond attraction already! At this time, they have a total fleet of five boats - four in D.C. and one in Richmond.

Love to see this happening!

From Richmond BizSense:

https://richmondbizsense.com/2022/06/10/d-c-pedal-boat-company-cruises-into-rocketts-landing/

 

Sea-Suite-main.jpg

Sea-Suite-marina.jpg

Edited by I miss RVA
  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've gotten rather addicted to checking in on the RVA live cam - love the view from Rockett's looking toward downtown. Caught this one today - I'm wondering if this might be the pedal boat - and if not - I wonder who is running a tour up and down the river?

Gotta say - it's SO cool to pop in and see boats sailing on the river. 

Screenshot (1828).png

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

I've gotten rather addicted to checking in on the RVA live cam - love the view from Rockett's looking toward downtown. Caught this one today - I'm wondering if this might be the pedal boat - and if not - I wonder who is running a tour up and down the river?

Gotta say - it's SO cool to pop in and see boats sailing on the river. 

Screenshot (1828).png

I think that is one of the pedal boats. According to their website, they ARE currently operating. 
https://seasuitecruises.com/locations/paddle-club-rva-rocketts-landing/

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.