Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

10 minutes ago, whw53 said:

No rendering. A successful rezoning application last year alluded to it in application materials. There will be an internal street between the 2 buildings along the old Denny St ROW and include some retail component.  Discussion is on this thread back some pages. 

So being an internal street, it will run east from  Main Street and will dead end at the railroad tracks? Looks like where the original Denny Street was, the tracks (elevated) crossed over a small trestle and Denny went under the train tracks.

Edited by I miss RVA

@I miss RVA @whw53 Interesting. Thanks for the info. I could see it starting right after Block 8 is finished since it's already fenced off, but I could also see it being on hold until after Fulton Yard A is finished. Fulton Yard A is such a weird sliver of land right behind both of them. I'm curious what business will go there. 

Block 8 is also now listed as The Waterford on apartments.com. https://www.apartments.com/the-waterford-richmond-va/1c33vv6/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Jawless said:

@I miss RVA @whw53 Interesting. Thanks for the info. I could see it starting right after Block 8 is finished since it's already fenced off, but I could also see it being on hold until after Fulton Yard A is finished. Fulton Yard A is such a weird sliver of land right behind both of them. I'm curious what business will go there. 

Block 8 is also now listed as The Waterford on apartments.com. https://www.apartments.com/the-waterford-richmond-va/1c33vv6/

Interesting that apartments . com already is marketing the building when it's far from complete. In looking through their web page, I noticed a rather glaring gross factual error -- they list the neighborhood as "Shockoe Bottom" - and, of course, 4400 E. Main is NOT in Shockoe Bottom. I wonder if they'd correct it if someone notified them that the neighborhood is Rockett's/Fulton, which is EAST of Shockoe Bottom?

Edited by I miss RVA

8 hours ago, Jawless said:

Those properties are different developers so they may end up being built concurrently.  The plan for the sliver is surface parking along the slim stretch with an office building fronting Nicholson.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Drove by Rocketts Landing yesterday, the latest section that had 4(?) new buildings is about done with people already living inn3 of them and final stages of construction on the last one. Looks like Rockett's is done or full after this, don't see how they have any more room to expand down the river with those storage tanks still there. Of course developers probably itching to replace that warehouse in the front that is now wildly out of place. Funny that business just keeps on kicking, wonder if they are stubborn or just waiting for the price to keep going up even more.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, 123fakestreet said:

Drove by Rocketts Landing yesterday, the latest section that had 4(?) new buildings is about done with people already living inn3 of them and final stages of construction on the last one. Looks like Rockett's is done or full after this, don't see how they have any more room to expand down the river with those storage tanks still there. Of course developers probably itching to replace that warehouse in the front that is now wildly out of place. Funny that business just keeps on kicking, wonder if they are stubborn or just waiting for the price to keep going up even more.

That's the one on Orleans, across the street from the PULSE station?

1 hour ago, 123fakestreet said:

Yes

Does make one wonder if they're holding out for top dollar, given that they're smack in between the "established" bulk of Rockett's immediately to the south - and the new huge apartment building (Block 8) with another one (Block 6) on the way immediately to their north. Didn't the parcels to their east sell? (Not sure if that was included in anything connected with Fulton Yards or not - I just seem to recall that it sold at some point...)

On 8/21/2022 at 10:04 AM, 123fakestreet said:

There is some land where the sales trailer is located that was originally slated for medical offices or similar.  The lot East of Cedar Works is also intended for development as well as the lot next to the Pulse Station.  The warehouse has never been included in the master plan, but then again neither was the blue warehouse that was demoed years ago for the first apartment building.  In addition to Blocks 6 & 8, Rocketts also includes some land along the River in the city limits for development (marketing is out there) as well as office/restaurant sites along the Henrico riverfront.  Recently they converted the commercial frontage of the first apartment block (East 51 - Phase 1) into additional apartments and the newer apartment building's (East 51 - Capital Trail Building) commercial space is in the process of being split for what must be an new tenant.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

‘On the consent agenda for the 6 p.m. regular meeting agenda is a request from an LLC tied to Harlan Construction to conditionally rezone a 0.6-acre property at 501 Orleans St. and 4811 S. 37th St., near Rocketts Landing, from light industrial use to the B-5 Central Business District to allow for a four-story mixed-use building with ground floor office use and 21 residential dwelling units.’

3FCACDA8-2337-4EB2-9E2A-17E9766BEDA2.jpeg

Edited by Jordon
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Jordon said:

‘On the consent agenda for the 6 p.m. regular meeting agenda is a request from an LLC tied to Harlan Construction to conditionally rezone a 0.6-acre property at 501 Orleans St. and 4811 S. 37th St., near Rocketts Landing, from light industrial use to the B-5 Central Business District to allow for a four-story mixed-use building with ground floor office use and 21 residential dwelling units.’

3FCACDA8-2337-4EB2-9E2A-17E9766BEDA2.jpeg

SWEET! :tw_thumbsup:

City Council or Planning Commission meeting?

Edited by I miss RVA

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Wahoo 07 said:

Construction firm building new HQ, 26 apartments near Rocketts Landing - Richmond BizSense

Nice to see development spreading north to Williamsburg Ave.  

It's a really neat project! Really glad Harlan is setting up shop in Richmond. For anyone who grew up in metro Richmond over the past 50 years, seeing the Harlan name on construction equipment, dump trucks, etc., was commonplace. Love this building - a great add for that parcel in Fulton/Rockett's.

harlan1.jpeg

Screenshot (2366).png

• Like 3

• 2 months later...

POD filed for the long anticipated Rockett's Block 6 at 4401 E Main . This will be directly adjacent to Block 8 which is wrapping up and is branded 'The Waterford'

There may be some restoration of old Denny St between the 2 projects as part of this according to rezoning docs filed last year. The POD also indicates retail space in addition to the 300 apartments set for this site.

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/dcf8e92a-9f74-475b-bec7-78d81dd62d4f

Also - marketing page for the the Waterford (Block  8 project w\ photos - https://www.lifeatwaterford.com/

Edited by whw53
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, whw53 said:

POD filed for the long anticipated Rockett's Block 6 at 4401 E Main . This will be directly adjacent to Block 8 which is wrapping up and is branded 'The Waterford'

There may be some restoration of old Denny St between the 2 projects as part of this according to rezoning docs filed last year. The POD also indicates retail space in addition to the 300 apartments set for this site.

https://energov.richmondgov.com/EnerGov_Prod/SelfService/richmondvaprod#/plan/dcf8e92a-9f74-475b-bec7-78d81dd62d4f

Also - marketing page for the the Waterford (Block  8 project w\ photos - https://www.lifeatwaterford.com/

Resorting old Denny Street there would be really nice - particularly if there's street-facing retail space to be included in the Block 6 project.  I wonder when it might get underway?

ALSO - LOVE the renderings of the completed Waterford. Gorgeous looking building in Rockett's!

• 1 month later...
20 hours ago, I miss RVA said:

Just curious if anyone's heard anything happening with either the apartment building planned for Block 6?  Last we heard, POD was filed for Block 6 in December. 

Also - has there been anything stirring regarding Fulton Yard?

I believe Block 6 is expected once 8 wraps up, which appears to be close.  The site is currently used for worker parking but not much for staging anymore.

Fulton Yard is still very quiet though I saw some random leasing advertisement along Broad way down near the Ella (same developer/management company?).  Later phases may be aiming for June 2024 ground breaking:

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/9ea9354e342e4cd29150abb9c51e788d.html

image.png.a63b268a9c1bac074b830af2db812112.png

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Icetera said:

I believe Block 6 is expected once 8 wraps up, which appears to be close.  The site is currently used for worker parking but not much for staging anymore.

Fulton Yard is still very quiet though I saw some random leasing advertisement along Broad way down near the Ella (same developer/management company?).  Later phases may be aiming for June 2024 ground breaking:

https://www.constructionjournal.com/projects/details/9ea9354e342e4cd29150abb9c51e788d.html

image.png.a63b268a9c1bac074b830af2db812112.png

Wow! Great to see this! Thanks for posting it, Ice! Wow - mid-2024 to get started - that's a heck of a long way out.

Also- it mentions phases 2 and 3. Has there actually been a Phase 1 built yet?

49 minutes ago, I miss RVA said:

Wow! Great to see this! Thanks for posting it, Ice! Wow - mid-2024 to get started - that's a heck of a long way out.

Also- it mentions phases 2 and 3. Has there actually been a Phase 1 built yet?

Based on articles late last year, I think they were hoping to break ground on Phase 1 (the two buildings along Orleans) around Spring/Summer this year.  Not being able to find bid requests for Phase 1 seems to be a good sign.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
31 minutes ago, 123fakestreet said:

Still really irritated Echo Harbor was killed and now nothing will ever be built there because it's a park.  Would be nice to have connected Shockoe to Rockett's instead of half a mile of no man's land.

Ugh, tell me about it.  Walking through that stretch several times per week is depressing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1