Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

Burt, the other crane is on Hatcher St. I don't know what it's for... looks like moving stuff around a junk yard.

And I thought I had shared my Rocketts pics here.

Oh well I'm linking... because I had more than enough pics that were different... but I'm lazy at the moment...

Rocketts: Before

What I thought was Delaware was actually Hudson St. Delaware was further north on the other end of the block.

I was taken to dinner last night (at 21, no less!) by one of my rich Richmond friends. She and her husband have bought a penthouse in the Falls building. It will have two levels with surround windows facing the river and the city skyline. Architects are customizing the large space for the couple.

Edited by burt

hahaha, well you're friends will be waiting until 2008 to use the marina, from what I've heard.

Also... many of the townhouses in phase 1 are near 4,000 sf (the riverfront townhouses are 4-stories, 4,000sf). The ones throughout the rest will vary. The townhouses should be finished by early 2007.

And apparently, there's something in the works on the city side called "Restaurant Row" which will be part of the project. Much of the commercial space on the city side will be riverfront, and inspired by the Baltimore Harbor developments. At the RR meeting, we were told that there should be about 650 residential units on the city side eventually, though I've heard most of the cityside will be commercial, while most of the Henrico side will be residential. I have no idea what the timetable is though.

Im not sure if anyone has posted a close up of Sky Line Condos yet, but here it is. Pretty nice, eh?

An up-close rendering of Old Main Condos is expected to be released soon enough.

skyline_aerial.jpg

I like the design, I just wish that they would go a bit taller than 8 stories or so. Heck, if you're at 8 stories, you might as well just go for 10! Gee, make it a nice "round" number...8 stories...what nonsense.... :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

More condos readied for Rocketts Landing

Plans are speeding up at Rocketts Landing.

Construction will start next month on a third condominium building in the 45-acre urban riverfront village under development east of Tobacco Row.

Sky Line will rise along the James River like a sister ship to Fall Line, a new-construction condo building that was fully reserved within a few weeks after it was offered last fall.

The $500 million development with residential, commercial and retail space along with parks, promenades, boat slips and a marina straddles Richmond and Henrico County.

Rockett's can't build em fast enough! It's great news :thumbsup:

I guess that rail line from the old city dock is going to be converted to the Williamsburg Trail, or whatever they're going to call it. I still wish they'd put an old trolley car on it. Hikers could still walk beside the rail all the way thru the Village of Rocketts Landing, thence thru suburbia Wilton and Curles Neck on their way to Wmsburg. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Style has a great piece on Rockett's Landing... check it out!

Launching Rockett's

Most units in the river-view, luxe-finish Fall Line building have been purchased for between $275,000 and $675,000. About 60 percent of the similarly priced Sky Line building has been sold, including a $1.3 million penthouse. And about three-fourths of the slightly cheaper Cedar Works condos are under contract, going for $150,000 to $575,000.

The words say BURT - Builder Developer. :rofl:

Sorry Burt, I meant the Rocketts Landing billboard. It was at Masonic Ln and I-64 last I saw it. It was first at on 64 off of Magnolia St near west of the Mechanicsville interchange. I have two pics of it but I haven't gotten to them yet.

The BURT sign is on Route 10 in Chester. And come on Burt, I'm sure that guy doesn't mind sharing the name... so it's still a great avatar! :D

Did I say Route 10? Geez how country! Come on! West Hundred Rd!

Edited by Cadeho

• 1 month later...

I've taken a couple of pics there last week. I tried to get another shot from across the river but my pathway had way too much flora for me to pass through. It's really coming along.

But I hate this pic. Why do they always do this?! They always mess up the view and for what purpose?

FLIP IT!

Edited by Cadeho

I've taken a couple of pics there last week. I tried to get another shot from across the river but my pathway had way too much flora for me to pass through. It's really coming along.

But I hate this pic. Why do they always do this?! They always mess up the view and for what purpose?

FLIP IT!

So where are the new pics of Rocketts Landing that you took? I'd love to see how that project is progressing. You're right though about the photos people take of Richmond and how they flip them...gives people a false sense of perspective.

I'm drowning in pics, but I'll try to get that for you. I only took two pics, one of which I think is better than the other. I was doing a run on in progress stuff.

Oh OK. Just looking forward to seeing them. :) ...Of course, whenever you have time. I know how it is bro! I can get very busy myself...which is why I don't post all the time...there's just not enough time to do so.

• 2 weeks later...