Fulton / Rockett's Landing

wrldcoupe4

I thought the proposal was dead long before Wilder was in office???

No, I think it was one of Doug's first definitive "No's" or at any rate, it was after his lop-sided election turnout...maybe before he was actually sworn in, but he made his intentions known!

Edited by burt

Well, I finally made it back to the Richmond forum and as ususal had TONS of reading to catch up! lol. I must admit, I am quite jealous of the Rockett's Landing project. One hundred eighteen acres with 1500 condos and apartments is incredible!! I doubt we even have half that amount of land to develop around here except maybe in Suffolk. Truly though, this is one HUUUUGE project and very exciting. I hope you guys can take some pics as this project unfolds as well. :)

don't forget all the riverfront office space, retail, marina, park spaces, and grid street layout mirrored after the original designed by capt. John Mayo wayyyy back when! I can't wait! I'll be glad to take some pics as it develops though. So far they've pretty much just cleared a lot of land for Phase I. Not much structural stuff going on yet.

Glad you stop by the Richmond forum every once in a while. Feel free to contribute! We won't bite or take your money :rofl:

don't forget all the riverfront office space, retail, marina, park spaces, and grid street layout mirrored after the original designed by capt. John Mayo wayyyy back when! I can't wait! I'll be glad to take some pics as it develops though. So far they've pretty much just cleared a lot of land for Phase I. Not much structural stuff going on yet.

Glad you stop by the Richmond forum every once in a while. Feel free to contribute! We won't bite or take your money :rofl:

Though tips are graciously accepted. :rofl:

hey... I actually didn't have time to stop and take pictures here, though in hindsight I should have....

I hope these photos don't dissappoint. I didn't take many of the newer developments.... I was in a "historic architecture" kind of mood.

but I saw many of them, so if you guys have a question about anything....I might have the answer!

If I'm not feeling super lazy.. I maybe head back tomorrow morning and take some more (focusing on new developments). I've got a little space left on the memory card :)

hey... I actually didn't have time to stop and take pictures here, though in hindsight I should have....

I hope these photos don't dissappoint. I didn't take many of the newer developments.... I was in a "historic architecture" kind of mood.

but I saw many of them, so if you guys have a question about anything....I might have the answer!

If I'm not feeling super lazy.. I maybe head back tomorrow morning and take some more (focusing on new developments). I've got a little space left on the memory card :)

Go for it Coupe!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Judging by the details provided on Belmont Bay's website, I think Rockett's will be substantially more dense and urban in design. Belmont Bay has a small town center overlooking the occoquan, where there is a marina. There is also a high rise and a couple midrise condo towers. Surrounding it, appears to be fairly suburban development, and an 18-hole golf course.

• 5 weeks later...

You can check out the floor plans for the Skyline Condos here... Floorplans

If I only had $300,000 to throw down. Guess it's time to ask the boss for a raise. :P These buildings are gorgeous though and done in a manner that really fits the Richmond Riverfront style. Looking forward to seeing what it all looks like 5 years down the road, what with Rockett's Landing, possibly a new ballpark, a completed Tobacco Row, infill in Shockoe Bottom, new retail, restaurants, and condos on the Canal... man the Riverfront is really going to be a destination. :D

It appears the two renderings of Skyline don't match. In one, the wide-side of the building faces the river, while in the one above, it doesn't. Or am I making this up? :)

I think the side the rendering of the Sky Line Condos shows it facing the street, but instead of the street they put boats. The rendering here shows the back of it facing the river.

haven't had a chance to yet, though I did check out the website. It has a smallllll "town center" surrounded by what seemed to be typical suburbia. It did have a marina as well.

I don't think, nor do I hope that Rockett's turns out like belmont bay... It seems to be turning out WAY better already....

here's a map of belmont bay:

belmontbay_map.jpg